Trump lies again. There was no "imminent threat" from "Ear-ron".

May 2018
USA
Unlike Obimbo, Trump's redline was crossed and he took the necessary action. Placating is over. Iran has learned it is not dealing with a weak and fleckless Obimbo administration.
LOL...uh huh. Yeah, uh....Trump is "strong". I can tell by the way he conceded to the Russians/Erdogan in Syria and got our Kurdish allies slaughtered, simultaneously insuring the revival of ISIS when thousands of them escaped POW camps as the Kurds guarding them had to flee for their lives.

But Trump is "strong". This is just an example of a weak, stupid man trying to appear strong to a certain demographic. A demographic comprised of low-IQ morons and hypocrites. The same type of morons who see foolishness as "wisdom" and stupidity as "genius". Those are the people who will see this as "strong"...

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
LOL...uh huh. Yeah, uh....Trump is "strong". I can tell by the way he conceded to the Russians/Erdogan in Syria and got our Kurdish allies slaughtered, simultaneously insuring the revival of ISIS when thousands of them escaped POW camps as the Kurds guarding them had to flee for their lives.

But Trump is "strong".
"The great ISIS comeback of 2020" has Trump's name all over it. Might be one of the few things he's credited with for many years to come.

Feb 2018
Oregon
LOL

That is because it was in the planning stages and President Trump nipped it in the bud when he had Qassem Soleimani and Kataib Hezbollah commander Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis taken out.

The liberal tears over these people says all we need to know about you.
There was no "imminent threat" and there was no target that Suleimani had in his sights. THEREFORE there was no "planning stages". Trump himself said so. He said "I believe it probably would have been...." And at the 2:00 timestamp in the following video, he said "it could have been military bases, it could have been a lot of other things too". ...... WHICH MEANS HE DIDN'T KNOW.

Keep in mind that he would have already received any intel briefing, if there was one. Obviously, by his wording, there wasn't anything to "nip in the bud".

Video

Feb 2018
Oregon

But Trump is "strong". This is just an example of a weak, stupid man trying to appear strong to a certain demographic. A demographic comprised of low-IQ morons and hypocrites. The same type of morons who see foolishness as "wisdom" and stupidity as "genius". Those are the people who will see this as "strong"...
He loves the word "powerful" too and uses it in the most inappropriate contexts. "He spoke powerfully" he said of Putin.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Jul 2014
massachusetts
BTW I don't care how "imminent" anything was, to have Qassem Soleimani and Kataib Hezbollah commander Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis in out sites in Iraq and not take them out would have been unacceptable.

And had it leaked out that President Trump had them and chose not to take them out the Dims and the TDS Fueled© crowd would be on the warpath.
What if it leaked out that the US assassinated a diplomat on a peace mission

Feb 2006
California
Yes. "Ear-ron". I have it on good authority that it is not "Eye-Ran". It is "Ear-ron".... and roll that "R".

Trump made up a series of "reasons" for the targeting of Soleimani. He held a briefing with a co-equal branch of government: Congress. Both Democrats and Republicans characterized it as "sophomoric" and ridiculous, but in that briefing he never mentioned embassies. A few days later Pompeo, echoing a familiar Cheney wording, said "there is no doubt" that embassies were targeted. Then, he said in an interview that he really "believed" embassies were targeted by Soleimani.

Trump lies more than he tells the truth, so if we just assume he's lying, we will be correct more often than not. In this case, all indications are that the whole thing is a lie and they had no specific intelligence for targeting Soleimani, and that they had no follow-up plans or any of the normal alternative scenarios planned out with plan B, plan C, and plan D if the strike failed. There was no thought as to the consequences of killing Soleimani and the aftermath.

It was all impulsive, unplanned, and had no reason behind it.

IOW, more of the same Trump failings and problem creation. And we can't do anything about it. We can only wait for an election and "HOPE" for a solution that it may bring. But we can't do a damned thing to actually stop him even though most of the nation and most of the government KNOWS he needs to go. He is doing great damage and still we can't do anything about it. And he just cut the balls out of important environmental regulations and no one can do anything about it.
We all know it was AL-CIA-Dua

A division of an intelligence agency or entity who's primary purpose is to create the illusion of, or appearance of, a real threat for the purpose of consumption by the general population, while conducting clandestine operations which are often in opposition to the benefit, needs, or desires of the general population. Also Al CIA-duh!

Al Qaeda attacked the United States on 9/11? Give me a break! The U.S. military was conducting wargames on that morning, there were eyewitnesses who testified regarding bombs in the WTC towers, there were advanced intelligence warnings by multiple nations regarding the attacks, and every other time an aircraft has gone off course, military fighters have been sitting off of the airplane's wing in a matter of minutes. With that military budget, they were unable to defend against alleged attacks by goat herders in Afghan caves and camel jockies from the desert? Good thing it wasn't a major power who attacked us (with sarcasm)! Al Qaeda my ass. More like Al CIA-duh!

Reactions: imaginethat