Trump planning to deploy troops to Canada border, prompting backlash from Trudeau

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
So it came out this morning that Trump wants troops at the northern border to keep the great herds of Canadians from descending on the US like a great scourge.

So Canadians are asking why anyone thinks that we, who have lots of testing capability, lots of ICU beds, lots of PPE equipment and so on available, and are getting free care for Covid-19 related treatments would want to go to where there aren't enough ICU slots, tests, PPE and it would cost a ton to get treated?

I would suspect that Dopey Don is trying to impress his base and lately he seems to have espoused the tactic, who cares if it's wrong, just do something.

That was this morning. And then just now this drops.

I don't think so.

Feb 2007
USA
Hmmmm....Well, those Canadians *have* seemingly been massing within a hundred or so miles from US border for many, many years, just waiting for their moment to decend upon the US to force our children to pledge allegiance to the maple leaf, make us spread mayonnaise on everything, compel us to have winter eleven months of the year, and demand that we listen to Anne Murray, all day, every day!

:upsidedown:

(Borrowed from the movie, Canadian Bacon.)

Jun 2018
Toronto
It's their own army, who cares, as long as they keep it south of the border. If they also stop all the illegal crossings from the US to Canada, that would be great. It would be also nice if they would report daily how many crossings they prevented in either direction :)

• Haha
Reactions: thor gonzales
Nov 2013
NM
Trump has learned THE great lesson from the Revolutonary War. When in doubt, when things look dicey, Invade Canada! We've tried it @ least once, that I recall. Maybe this time the fates will smile upon us ...

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
It's their own army, who cares, as long as they keep it south of the border. If they also stop all the illegal crossings from the US to Canada, that would be great. It would be also nice if they would report daily how many crossings they prevented in either direction :)
even sarah palin was smart enough to cross over to Canada for their universal health care....i say let us keep the immigrants, deport all the bigots and racists.

Reactions: leekohler2