Trump planning to deploy troops to Canada border, prompting backlash from Trudeau

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
Trump has learned THE great lesson from the Revolutonary War. When in doubt, when things look dicey, Invade Canada! We've tried it @ least once, that I recall. Maybe this time the fates will smile upon us ...
i guess trump believes the reason we did not win Canada is because we did not man the skies, control the airports and ram their ramparts like we did the Brits in 1776.

Feb 2020
Houston
Sorry, I meant to include this.

Lots more in google.
“Canada is strongly opposed to this US proposal and we’ve made that very clear to our US counterparts,” she said. Ms Freeland confirmed that Canadian officials learned of the proposal a few days ago.

In his press conference, Mr Trudeau said “Canada and the US have the longest unmilitarised border in the world, and it is very much in both of our interests for it to remain that way.”

What I don't get is why they're so upset. I believe it is true that Canadians won't leave Canada to come to the U.S. for superior medical care as they so often did before the COVID crises. So what's the problem?

May 2018
none
Trump has learned THE great lesson from the Revolutonary War. When in doubt, when things look dicey, Invade Canada! We've tried it @ least once, that I recall. Maybe this time the fates will smile upon us ...
I would rather Canada invaded us and won. Then we would at least look like a civilized first world country again. ;)

• Love
Reactions: LL2 and hoosier88

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
“Canada is strongly opposed to this US proposal and we’ve made that very clear to our US counterparts,” she said. Ms Freeland confirmed that Canadian officials learned of the proposal a few days ago.

In his press conference, Mr Trudeau said “Canada and the US have the longest unmilitarised border in the world, and it is very much in both of our interests for it to remain that way.”

What I don't get is why they're so upset. I believe it is true that Canadians won't leave Canada to come to the U.S. for superior medical care as they so often did before the COVID crises. So what's the problem?
Concern that it would inhibit trade.

Jun 2019
ROT
What's Trump's plan - make them stand six feet apart and watch out for cheese and gin being snuck acroos the border by Covid-19 terrorists?