Trump "pleasures" Kim in North Korea

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Oh deardeardear. Apologies all over the place, but in my advanced years I have to admit I do MISS things---glasses, purse, keys and sometimes important information.
I'd better get my walker and go back to the rocking chair, IT.
Please keep me informed. :nerd: Eureka! Found my reading glasses!
I was looking into the "definitive progress" a little more and discovered that the renewed negotiations will feature Pompeo as the lead US negotiator. And then I remembered this from last April.

North Korea: If US wants to talk, put someone 'more mature' than Pompeo in charge
...Pompeo was one of the primary drivers in Washington of those talks, and the historic first summit between Trump and Kim in Singapore. That meeting came about after Pompeo traveled to Pyongyang, where he was photographed smiling and shaking hands with Kim.​
The shine appears to have come off the relationship now, however. Kwon complained that Pompeo had characterized Kim's speech as being about finishing "working level negotiation between (North Korea) and the US by the end of the year," an interpretation he said was "talking nonsense."​
"We cannot be aware of Pompeo's ulterior motive behind his self-indulgence in reckless remarks; whether he is indeed unable to understand words properly or just pretending on purpose. However, it is a very dangerous situation if he really did not grasp the meaning," Kwon said.​

North Korea rejects Mike Pompeo as emissary - CNNPolitics

And then there's......

North Korea executes envoy to failed U.S. summit -media; White House monitoring
North Korea executed its nuclear envoy to the United States as part of a purge of officials who steered negotiations for a failed summit between leader Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump, a South Korean newspaper said on Friday.​
Kim Hyok Chol was executed in March at Mirim Airport in Pyongyang, along with four foreign ministry officials after they were charged with spying for the United States, the Chosun Ilbo reported, citing an unidentified source with knowledge of the situation.​
“He was accused of spying for the United States for poorly reporting on the negotiations without properly grasping U.S. intentions,” the source was quoted as saying.​
The February summit in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi, the second between Kim and Trump, failed to reach a deal because of conflicts over U.S. calls for complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and North Korean demands for sanctions relief.​

North Korea executes envoy to failed U.S. summit -media; White House monitoring - Reuters

Complete denuclearization....cough, cough........ It's just like Sabcat said, Trump is making unprecedented progress w/ north Korea, but you and I got late stage TDS so we can't see all the unprecedented progress. Sigh.......

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
I was looking into the "definitive progress" a little more and discovered that the renewed negotiations will feature Pompeo as the lead US negotiator. And then I remembered this from last April.

North Korea: If US wants to talk, put someone 'more mature' than Pompeo in charge
...Pompeo was one of the primary drivers in Washington of those talks, and the historic first summit between Trump and Kim in Singapore. That meeting came about after Pompeo traveled to Pyongyang, where he was photographed smiling and shaking hands with Kim.​
The shine appears to have come off the relationship now, however. Kwon complained that Pompeo had characterized Kim's speech as being about finishing "working level negotiation between (North Korea) and the US by the end of the year," an interpretation he said was "talking nonsense."​
"We cannot be aware of Pompeo's ulterior motive behind his self-indulgence in reckless remarks; whether he is indeed unable to understand words properly or just pretending on purpose. However, it is a very dangerous situation if he really did not grasp the meaning," Kwon said.​

North Korea rejects Mike Pompeo as emissary - CNNPolitics

And then there's......

North Korea executes envoy to failed U.S. summit -media; White House monitoring
North Korea executed its nuclear envoy to the United States as part of a purge of officials who steered negotiations for a failed summit between leader Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump, a South Korean newspaper said on Friday.​
Kim Hyok Chol was executed in March at Mirim Airport in Pyongyang, along with four foreign ministry officials after they were charged with spying for the United States, the Chosun Ilbo reported, citing an unidentified source with knowledge of the situation.​
“He was accused of spying for the United States for poorly reporting on the negotiations without properly grasping U.S. intentions,” the source was quoted as saying.​
The February summit in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi, the second between Kim and Trump, failed to reach a deal because of conflicts over U.S. calls for complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and North Korean demands for sanctions relief.​

North Korea executes envoy to failed U.S. summit -media; White House monitoring - Reuters

Complete denuclearization....cough, cough........ It's just like Sabcat said, Trump is making unprecedented progress w/ north Korea, but you and I got late stage TDS so we can't see all the unprecedented progress. Sigh.......
MAGA! Oops. KEEP America Great! KAG? or GAG?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Pics of Trump being invited into NK, his glad handing Lil' Kimmy and so on all just give Lil' Kimmy and NK world legitimacy. Trump is doing so much for NK. NK doing stuff for the USA, not so much.

Dec 2016
Canada
I still don't give a crap about why Donald Trump wants to shut down the Korean War Zone, just that it gets done! And it should have the last time he had a summit meeting with Kim......until we learned later that John Bolton fucked up everything. Seems like some of Trump's problems are his laziness and lack of attention, which has allowed his administration to be stocked with evil neocon bastards....starting with Bolton and Pompeo. But, if Trump is serious about this, why is CNN and most Democrats so worried that there will be one less war front? Aren't there enough places already where you can set off WWIII? The South China Sea for example. Or the Persian Gulf. The endless practice invasions NATO troops carry out on Russia's borders, mutely described as "NATO exercises." Or maybe even Venezuela can be the catalyst for nuclear war that you all want Trump to do so badly.

I'd be happy if Trump had turned out to be the anti-interventionist as advertised during the 2016 Election. But, if the deep state authorities in the CIA and various DoD branches believed it, he would have already got a bullet in the head!

Reactions: Sabcat
Dec 2015
Arizona
Just thought I’d drop this here. Just a little afternoon hypocrisy as a pic me up !! Lololol

How Fox News changed their tune about North Korea meeting — CNN Politics
What a kick! AND how NOT surprising that this is all over the net and I'll bet Twitter is all a-tweet!
Fox not only approves of Trump making "diplomacy" great again---THEY GUSH and RAVE and applaud! The GENIUS negotiator! But there's more. Trump already merits the Nobel Peace Prize for agreeing to sit down with his North Korean counterpart. And Hannity? He said that Trump’s mere “willingness to meet with North Korea is a huge foreign policy win.”
So BOLD. So BEAUTIFUL!
Travel back to 2007. Critics pounced: Fox News host Sean Hannity ripped Obama's “lack of foreign policy expertise” and called the idea “disturbing” and “naive.” Months into Obama’s presidency, Republicans ripped him again when he exchanged pleasantries briefly with Hugo Chavez, the late dictator of Venezuela, on the margins of a Latin America summit. One Republican senator called it “irresponsible” for the president to be photographed “laughing and joking” with an anti-American leader like Chavez. Republicans FUMED and FUSSED when Obama contacted IRAN.
AND then---*and THEN*....when Obama WAS a recipient of the Nobel Prize Republicans everywhere exploded! The audacity of the Nobel Committee! The weak apologist got the Nobel and there was absolutely NOTHING they could do about it. Those DAMN Norweigians. LOL

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this. :)

Reactions: BubbaJones

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Reactions: Clara007

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I still don't give a crap about why Donald Trump wants to shut down the Korean War Zone, just that it gets done! And it should have the last time he had a summit meeting with Kim......until we learned later that John Bolton fucked up everything. Seems like some of Trump's problems are his laziness and lack of attention, which has allowed his administration to be stocked with evil neocon bastards....starting with Bolton and Pompeo. But, if Trump is serious about this, why is CNN and most Democrats so worried that there will be one less war front? Aren't there enough places already where you can set off WWIII? The South China Sea for example. Or the Persian Gulf. The endless practice invasions NATO troops carry out on Russia's borders, mutely described as "NATO exercises." Or maybe even Venezuela can be the catalyst for nuclear war that you all want Trump to do so badly.

I'd be happy if Trump had turned out to be the anti-interventionist as advertised during the 2016 Election. But, if the deep state authorities in the CIA and various DoD branches believed it, he would have already got a bullet in the head!
The endless practice invasions NATO troops carry out on Russia's borders....

Please educate yourself. The exercises are defensive, in response to a Russian attack, an attack that the Russians probably would win.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
What a kick! AND how NOT surprising that this is all over the net and I'll bet Twitter is all a-tweet!
Fox not only approves of Trump making "diplomacy" great again---THEY GUSH and RAVE and applaud! The GENIUS negotiator! But there's more. Trump already merits the Nobel Peace Prize for agreeing to sit down with his North Korean counterpart. And Hannity? He said that Trump’s mere “willingness to meet with North Korea is a huge foreign policy win.”
So BOLD. So BEAUTIFUL!
Travel back to 2007. Critics pounced: Fox News host Sean Hannity ripped Obama's “lack of foreign policy expertise” and called the idea “disturbing” and “naive.” Months into Obama’s presidency, Republicans ripped him again when he exchanged pleasantries briefly with Hugo Chavez, the late dictator of Venezuela, on the margins of a Latin America summit. One Republican senator called it “irresponsible” for the president to be photographed “laughing and joking” with an anti-American leader like Chavez. Republicans FUMED and FUSSED when Obama contacted IRAN.
AND then---*and THEN*....when Obama WAS a recipient of the Nobel Prize Republicans everywhere exploded! The audacity of the Nobel Committee! The weak apologist got the Nobel and there was absolutely NOTHING they could do about it. Those DAMN Norweigians. LOL

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this. :)
Castro, don't leave out Castro. Or Bill Clinton's trip to North Korea.

“I want to thank President Castro for the spirit of openness and courtesy that he has shown during our interactions,” he said in April 2015. The two had “both concluded … that we can disagree with the spirit of respect and civility, and that over time it is possible for us to turn the page and develop a new relationship in our two countries,” Obama said. Nothing about Castro being a beloved, talented leader.

In March 2016, Obama said, “President Castro, I want to thank you for the courtesy and the spirit of openness that you’ve shown during our talks.”

When Bill Clinton traveled to North Korea during Obama’s administration to help free two imprisoned journalists, North Korean media claimed that Clinton had apologized for their actions — a claim that was quickly denied by U.S. authorities. Clinton’s sitting for a photograph with Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un’s father, was criticized, including by pundits on Fox News. But Clinton offered no words of praise for the elder Kim.

(An aside: This comment from Sean Hannity about the Clinton visit seems worth highlighting. “I thought John Bolton had a great line,” Hannity said. “He said this comes perilously close to negotiating with a terrorist. And you know it’s a bad idea in terms — we should try to avoid, you know, negotiating with rogue states and terrorists, in general, and that it’s encouraging bad behavior.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/06/12/other-presidents-have-met-with-dictators-they-didnt-then-praise-them/?utm_term=.f63833020e95

The right has NO moral compass. None, something we see every day on DTT.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Yer TDS acting up again, Bubba?

Trump is making unprecedented progress w/ north Korea and all Bubba can do in the haze of late stage TDS is make Jr high grade insults. But hey... Orange man bad and all that stuff.

Sorry to disappoint you but not TDS. Just my HYPOCRISY meter blowing past full tilt ......... AGAIN!!!