Trump reportedly won't meet with Pelosi on a coronavirus bill, or for any reason, because he's mad at her

Feb 2006
California
People need to tie this into another situation:
Senate Republicans Finally Release Their Corona Virus Plan: Let Pelosi Handle It

This article is a perfect example of why the orange clown needs to go.
We need a plan (above and beyond Pence's focus), and Trump is too busy nursing his supposed "wounds" he got from "winning". He's developed a grudge whereby (like before with the Government shutdown he claimed he would own and then tried to blame Dems for) he is obviously wanting to throw more blame for things not working in his administration.
That's not fair! Putin won't let Trump down to take care of anything!

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Trump's mind is sharp and nothing he says or tweets is not calculated and purposeful. He knows how to do it. After coronavirus turns out to be nothing and fades away like the fake bird flue, people will see him as a fearless president who was right and even more eagerly want him to lead them. Perhaps you too.

• Haha
Reactions: se7en
Nov 2005
California
Because they suck, too.
The problem is they invented their own false dilemma.

But what an opportunity for her to show leadership.
The Republicans fumble, she picks up the ball and takes it to the goal line.
How? When Trump refuses to participate.
It's like saying that an employee has an opportunity to shine ...
... but needs the approval of a VP to progress who refuses to talk to that employee.

What's wrong with my idea that she originate a spending bill, which is her constitutional duty?
You're talking about a guy who within the time-span of a hours:
a) Openly stated that the shutdown was his responsibility...
b) Then changed his story and said it was the Dems that perpetuated the government shutdown.

Furthermore, apples and oranges.
We're talking about the coronavirus and the government plans for it. Not spending bill fantasies.

Reactions: intangible child
Feb 2006
California

... but needs the approval of a VP to progress who refuses to talk to that employee.

b) Then changed his story and said it was the Dems that perpetuated the government shutdown.

We're talking about the coronavirus and the government plans for it. Not spending bill fantasies.
They have it all twisted!

Feb 2020
Houston

So, if Nancy won't do a spending bill and that is her only constitutional role in this, why would Trump need to meet with her?

EDIT Your OP specifically slams Trump for not meeting with Pelosi to "talk about a coronavirus bill . . . " Is that your spending bill fantasy? Or do you think there is a way to solve this without spending?

How do you picture the meeting being productive, if Trump is on his absolute best behavior by your standards?

Take me step by step. Trump says, "Welcome to the Oval Office, Madam Speaker and thank you for meeting with me to talk about this crises."

Then what happens?

Last edited:
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I thought you were going to say "takes out her teeth."
All this stuff is silly. They just want to find anything they can to denounce Trump, just like how they nitpick about trivial words you use in your post and ignore the point. I saw a few times how they ignored your entire post and focused on a typo!

It is just the cold and nothing to be scared of. I am hoping to get it as soon as possible. I am overdue to get sick. Getting a really back cold or flue every few years is good for me.

Feb 2006
California
All this stuff is silly. They just want to find anything they can to denounce Trump, just like how they nitpick about trivial words you use in your post and ignore the point. I saw a few times how they ignored your entire post and focused on a typo!

It is just the cold and nothing to be scared of. I am hoping to get it as soon as possible. I am overdue to get sick. Getting a really back cold or flue every few years is good for me.
Yeah, yeah that's it!

Reactions: foundit66