Trump reportedly won't meet with Pelosi on a coronavirus bill, or for any reason, because he's mad at her

Feb 2020
Houston
All this stuff is silly. They just want to find anything they can to denounce Trump, just like how they nitpick about trivial words you use in your post and ignore the point. I saw a few times how they ignored your entire post and focused on a typo!

It is just the cold and nothing to be scared of. I am hoping to get it as soon as possible. I am overdue to get sick. Getting a really back cold or flue every few years is good for me.
I keep waiting for some of them to say what they think should be done. "Meet with Nancy" is the only real suggestion.

The rest just want to wait to see what Trump does do and then say it was the worst possible thing.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I will give him a call about this, what is your address? I'll tell him to send someone over to hold you had

Feb 2006
California
All this stuff is silly. They just want to find anything they can to denounce Trump, just like how they nitpick about trivial words you use in your post and ignore the point. I saw a few times how they ignored your entire post and focused on a typo!

It is just the cold and nothing to be scared of. I am hoping to get it as soon as possible. I am overdue to get sick. Getting a really back cold or flue every few years is good for me.
Been nice knowing you, the Coronavirus disease couldn't have picked a nicer guy to infect and you just joined DTT, what a loss it will be to U.S. all! :winktongue:

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
It's just the cold. People in America used to be tougher than this. People would come into work coughing sneezing sick all the time and just tell you to keep your distance since they don't want you to get sick. Work needs to be done and no one will do it for you because you have a cold.

Nov 2005
California
So, if Nancy won't do a spending bill and that is her only constitutional role in this, why would Trump need to meet with her?
Because Repubs have pushed off responsibility to Pelosi for dealing with the Coronavirus.

You're looking at this while refusing to look at who threw "the first punch". Or rather, who implemented this artificial blame game in the first place.
The Repubs are the one who dropped this off on Pelosi when quite frankly they had no logical reason to do that. My expectation is that Trump will want to reject anything she brings out.

Meanwhile, Americans suffer.

EDIT Your OP specifically slams Trump for not meeting with Pelosi to "talk about a coronavirus bill . . . " Is that your spending bill fantasy? Or do you think there is a way to solve this without spending?
What are you even asking with these questions?
What "spending bill fantasy" have I talked about?
Where have I said anything about solving this without spending?

YOU are the one who is trying to make this about "THE BUDGET" which Pelosi should be doing when that is completely unrelated to the task at hand.

How do you picture the meeting being productive, if Trump is on his absolute best behavior by your standards?
Take me step by step. Trump says, "Welcome to the Oval Office, Madam Speaker and thank you for meeting with me to talk about this crises."
Then what happens?
Then they talk about the crisis.

The first problem is the thing you just blew past => Trump agreeing to talk to Pelosi.
You want to try to pretend that Trump is justified in not talking to Pelosi at all after Repubs put this responsibility solely on Pelosi.

Feb 2020
Houston
Because Repubs have pushed off responsibility to Pelosi for dealing with the Coronavirus.
Ok, Repubs suck.

Mitch McConnel and/or whoever else pushed it off on Pelosi are not Trump's bosses. They are not Pelosi's bosses either.

If something productive could come of his meeting with Pelosi, I'd argue that he should meet with her. I asked you what you thought that would be and you had no answer.

You're looking at this while refusing to look at who threw "the first punch". Or rather, who implemented this artificial blame game in the first place.
The Repubs are the one who dropped this off on Pelosi when quite frankly they had no logical reason to do that. My expectation is that Trump will want to reject anything she brings out.
It is unbelievably childish to worry about who "threw the first punch" when people are dying. That's exactly the kind of childishness that Trump knows Nancy would show if he met with her.

Meanwhile, Americans suffer.

What are you even asking with these questions?
What "spending bill fantasy" have I talked about?
Where have I said anything about solving this without spending?
You slammed Trump for not meeting with her about "a coronavirus bill." It it will include spending, it is a spending bill, get it? She doesn't have to have Trump's permission to originate spending bill. The constitution gives that power to the House that she is the speaker of in those words.

YOU are the one who is trying to make this about "THE BUDGET" which Pelosi should be doing when that is completely unrelated to the task at hand.
Why do you put "THE BUDGET" in quotes when I didn't say that.

Then they talk about the crisis.
Come on, ifoundit. Don't make pull teeth.

What do they say, what do they decide?

At the end of the meeting how are the people better off?

Be specific.

The first problem is the thing you just blew past => Trump agreeing to talk to Pelosi.
You want to try to pretend that Trump is justified in not talking to Pelosi at all after Repubs put this responsibility solely on Pelosi.
What do you want me to say?

Pelosi has been an absolute, complete, unrelenting and irredeemable asshole to Trump and he is perfectly justified in not trusting her motives at this point.

He doesn't have time to play games with her, he has a country to run during a crisis.

He's the president. Get over it.

"They talk about the crises" solves nothing.

Tell me what you think would come out of the meeting or find something else to cry about.

Nov 2005
California
Ok, Repubs suck.
Mitch McConnel and/or whoever else pushed it off on Pelosi are not Trump's bosses. They are not Pelosi's bosses either.
If something productive could come of his meeting with Pelosi, I'd argue that he should meet with her. I asked you what you thought that would be and you had no answer.
Because I assumed it was a rhetorical question.
The best case outcome is they meet and hash out a funding plan for the Coronavirus.

It is unbelievably childish to worry about who "threw the first punch" when people are dying.
No.
It's incredibly childish to throw the first punch when people are dying.
It's incredibly childish for Repubs to put Pelosi in a catch-22 when people are dying.

That's exactly the kind of childishness that Trump knows Nancy would show if he met with her.
These statements are so bizarre it's not even funny.
So the Repubs misbehave on the issue of the Coronavirus.
And one of your responses is essentially that the Repubs are behaving childishly in a way that you expect Nancy to behave...
:rolleyes:

Again, THIS WHOLE CRAP could be avoided by Repubs not playing childish games.
It's astounding (and also reveals how ridiculously partisan your position is) to try to blame Pelosi out of this when she has no choice in any of this.

You slammed Trump for not meeting with her about "a coronavirus bill." It it will include spending, it is a spending bill, get it? She doesn't have to have Trump's permission to originate spending bill. The constitution gives that power to the House that she is the speaker of in those words.
So basically you want Pelosi to come up with a plan all by himself with absolutely no input from Trump who refuses to meet with her.
It doesn't matter how damn "perfect" any such proposal would be. Such an approach is doomed to have Trump automatically reject it and try to blame Pelosi for it.
WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT TRUMP WANTS.

Come on, ifoundit. Don't make pull teeth.
What do they say, what do they decide?
At the end of the meeting how are the people better off?
Be specific.
Do you think I have a crystal ball?
I have no details for the outcome of a meeting Trump refuses to have.

Doing something to address a variety of economic problems (both corporate and personal) caused by the Coronavirus has got to be better than nothing.

What do you want me to say?
Pelosi has been an absolute, complete, unrelenting and irredeemable asshole to Trump and he is perfectly justified in not trusting her motives at this point.
And again, WHY DID REPUBS PUT HER IN CHARGE THEN???

Also, it's not like Trump hasn't been an excrement stain towards Pelosi as well.

Jesus. You keep trying to fixate on prete

He doesn't have time to play games with her, he has a country to run during a crisis.
ROFLMAO!
To do WHAT exactly?
Lie about the significance of the coronavirus?
Abdicate responsibility to Pence for some aspects of a plan, but then get pissy when other parts of the plan are needed but he doesn't want to talk about it?

You don't think that the purpose of this meeting is a HUGE part of addressing the crisis?

He's the president. Get over it.
I have nothing to "get over" here.
It's more accurate => He's the president. HE needs to get over his distrust of Pelosi and work to resolve the situation.

This whole thing is profoundly stupid because IT IS ALL AN ARTIFICIALLY INVENTED PROBLEM CREATED BY THE REPUBS.
If Trump doesn't like working with Pelosi, then tell the Senate Repubs that they f**ked up and they need to designate somebody else.
But he's not doing that either.