Trump says he may invoke executive privilege if John Bolton is subpoenaed by Senate

Jul 2019
Georgia
Meanwhile....

Impeachment: Pelosi prepares
to transmit articles as Trump fumes
Whether or not Nancy Pelosi is the “absolute worst Speaker of the House in US history”, as Donald Trump insisted on Saturday, the Democrat has indicated she will soon transmit two articles of impeachment to the Senate for trial.​
...Democrats want former national security adviser John Bolton and other key Trump aides to appear as witnesses. Bolton has said he will do so if served with a subpoena.​
...Republican senators have followed their leader, regardless of the oath they will take to be impartial jurors....​
...Trump spent the weekend presenting his aggressive moves against Iran as a contrast to alleged Democratic inaction domestically while impeachment has played out.​
Pelosi “is obsessed with impeachment”, he told Fox News host Laura Ingraham. “She has done nothing. She is going to go down as one of the worst speakers in the history of our country. And she’s become a crazed lunatic. But she will go down as, I think maybe the worst speaker in the history of our country.”​
On Sunday morning, Trump demanded that an ABC News host “ask Crazy Nancy why she allowed Adam ‘Shifty’ Schiff to totally make up my conversation with the Ukrainian President & read his false words to Congress and the world, as though I said it? He got caught!”​
...Trump also wanted ABC to ask Pelosi “why hearing was most unfair & biased in history?”​

More: Impeachment: Pelosi prepares to transmit articles as Trump fumes
lol he's such a whiner

he's been whining like hell since December 19 about her not immediately transmitting articles, and now he's whining because she is

I'm curious if/who the Impeachment manager will be from the House. I feel Nancy's got a little strategy going (hope so anyway)

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
Increases in tax are not an increase in costs. There's yer problem.
yep, COGS, and all other expenses are whole different sections on the Profit & Loss statement.

(and the "income tax" line, of course is always zero)

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
Increases in tax are not an increase in costs. There's yer problem.
Let me make sure I understand what you're saying; you don't believe taxes are accounted as costs when a business attempts to determine if its making or losing money, yes?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Let me make sure I understand what you're saying; you don't believe taxes are accounted as costs when a business attempts to determine if its making or losing money, yes?
generally, no.

P/L statements break down operating expenses, and taxes aren't included

payroll taxes (which are a wash, because they're taken out of the employee's wages) are included with wages, and sales tax is separated from income, and reported there (and sales tax is a wash as well)

small businesses (S-corps, Sole-P & Partnerships) don't pay corporate income tax (unless it's on a state or local level, for years in Georgia we had to pay a net worth tax, but that stopped in the past couple of years). Distributions and owner salary/HI are taxed on the owner's personal tax return.

the COGS percentage is what every small business needs to look at every month, and is usually the main factor in determining price increase. also every small business needs to know their break even point, so they can set prices/salary/costs/distributions to hit that mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: imaginethat
Dec 2018
New England
generally, no.

P/L statements break down operating expenses, and taxes aren't included

payroll taxes (which are a wash, because they're taken out of the employee's wages) are included with wages, and sales tax is separated from income, and reported there (and sales tax is a wash as well)

small businesses (S-corps, Sole-P & Partnerships) don't pay corporate income tax (unless it's on a state or local level, for years in Georgia we had to pay a net worth tax, but that stopped in the past couple of years). Distributions and owner salary/HI are taxed on the owner's personal tax return.

the COGS percentage is what every small business needs to look at every month, and is usually the main factor in determining price increase. also every small business needs to know their break even point, so they can set prices/salary/costs/distributions to hit that mark.
You're joking.

Jul 2019
Georgia
You're joking.
not at all.

can you point to one part of my statement that is inaccurate?

I kind of know a little bit (a fuckng lot) about the topic due to my line of work, so I'd love for you to tell me how I'm wrong.

Dec 2018
New England
not at all.

can you point to one part of my statement that is inaccurate?

I kind of know a little bit (a fuckng lot) about the topic due to my line of work, so I'd love for you to tell me how I'm wrong.
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

International Business Machines (IBM) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

We are discussing taxation's impact on earnings and not the technical nuance of which items go under which heading in a textbook P&L statement. No one in their right fiscal mind would ever say taxes do not factor into the cost of conducting business.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

International Business Machines (IBM) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

We are discussing taxation's impact on earnings and not the technical nuance of which items go under which heading in a textbook P&L statement. No one in their right fiscal mind would ever say taxes do not factor into the cost of conducting business.
No, we’re talking about Trump threatening to exercise executive privilege to prevent Bolton from testifying, to protect the honor of the office of President, or we had been.

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2018
New England
No, we’re talking about Trump threatening to exercise executive privilege to prevent Bolton from testifying, to protect the honor of the office of President, or we had been.
Only some are, though I grant you that's what this thread is about.