Trump says he may invoke executive privilege if John Bolton is subpoenaed by Senate

Jul 2019
Georgia
Walmart Inc. (WMT) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

International Business Machines (IBM) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

We are discussing taxation's impact on earnings and not the technical nuance of which items go under which heading in a textbook P&L statement. No one in their right fiscal mind would ever say taxes do not factor into the cost of conducting business.
so you missed the several parts of my posts where I talked about small businesses (plus those links don't disprove anything I've said anyway)

I kind of have no idea why we're having this tangent in a Bolton thread, so maybe some context is necessary. Why are we talking about this? I've read the thread and can't remember how you got off on this. Taxes do factor into the cost of conducting business, but I think you greatly overestimated the extent to which they do, and I was simply pointing that out.

and I'd like to go back to talking about how trump's scared to death of Bolton testimony, since that's the topic

you may wish to bump one of your several threads about that topic if you want to continue.

Reactions: leekohler2
Dec 2018
New England
No, we’re talking about Trump threatening to exercise executive privilege to prevent Bolton from testifying, to protect the honor of the office of President, or we had been.
... and the amusing thing is I forgot who got us on this tax tangent so I clicked through the reply chain and got to post #28.

• Haha
Reactions: se7en
Dec 2018
New England
so you missed the several parts of my posts where I talked about small businesses (plus those links don't disprove anything I've said anyway)

I kind of have no idea why we're having this tangent in a Bolton thread, so maybe some context is necessary. Why are we talking about this? I've read the thread and can't remember how you got off on this. Taxes do factor into the cost of conducting business, but I think you greatly overestimated the extent to which they do, and I was simply pointing that out.

and I'd like to go back to talking about how trump's scared to death of Bolton testimony, since that's the topic

you may wish to bump one of your several threads about that topic if you want to continue.
See post #82.

Jul 2019
Georgia
... and the amusing thing is I forgot who got us on this tax tangent so I clicked through the reply chain and got to post #28.
post 28 is factually correct, but was that one sentence, correctly criticizing tariffs, worth it to you to defend tariffs for several posts?

and I think it's pretty clear why trump is terrified of Bolton's testimony. Bolton could sink him (as well as Pompeo, Mulvaney, and Giluiani). My personal opinion is that Bolton is trying to sell his book and has no plans to testify.

Reactions: Rescue Basket