Trump says people must get vaccinated amid historic year for measles cases

Mar 2019
Texas
King florida man sells out again.

President Donald Trump on Friday urged people to get vaccinated for measles, saying it’s “so important” amid the worst year for the disease in the U.S. since it was declared eliminated from the country in 2000.

“They have to get the shots. The vaccinations are so important. This is really going around now. They have to get their shots,” Trump told reporters in response to a question about measles before departing for Indiana to give a speech at the National Rifle Association’s annual convention.

Trump had previously been silent on the issue, even as the disease reached 22 states. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed 695 cases this year, surpassing the post-2000 record in just the first four months of the year.
cnbc

It will be interesting to watch the pro vaccine anti trump crowd ignore this or try to bring themselves to agree with trump.

May 2018
USA
King florida man sells out again.

cnbc

It will be interesting to watch the pro vaccine anti trump crowd ignore this or try to bring themselves to agree with trump.
Why should an "anti trump" person feel obliged to comment on Trump's comment in any way? So he FINALLY says something that makes sense, after more than 2 years in office? Whoop ti do. A broken clock is right twice a day (which is a lot more often than Trump being right).

Mar 2019
Texas
Why should an "anti trump" person feel obliged to comment on Trump's comment in any way? So he FINALLY says something that makes sense, after more than 2 years in office? Whoop ti do. A broken clock is right twice a day (which is a lot more often than Trump being right).
There is no obligation.

It does present a dilemma for some though.

So i take it that you believe the hype that the vaccine works for everyone who gets it? Clearly the vaccine is not working and vaccinated people are spreading the measles so now they are recommending anyone vaccinated before 1989 need to get the vaccine again.

Wake me when the vaccine works successfully.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Two things. First, I'm marking today on the calendar. This is, I think the first thing Trump has done that I agree with.

Secondly, in fact most of the rabid anti-vaxers I know tend left. They seem to be a subset of the whole "holistic naturopathy" thing.

Mar 2019
Texas
Two things. First, I'm marking today on the calendar. This is, I think the first thing Trump has done that I agree with.

Secondly, in fact most of the rabid anti-vaxers I know tend left. They seem to be a subset of the whole "holistic naturopathy" thing.
Well it is my view that vaccines are the most basic form of homeopathy there is. The literal definition of homeopathy is like cures like. So in that sense they are foolish to dismiss vaccines as modern medicine while they often try to use homeopathy to cure things. Personally i am naturally prone to question things when a large group of people get together and decide they know what is best for everyone.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Well it is my view that vaccines are the most basic form of homeopathy there is. The literal definition of homeopathy is like cures like. So in that sense they are foolish to dismiss vaccines as modern medicine while they often try to use homeopathy to cure things. Personally i am naturally prone to question things when a large group of people get together and decide they know what is best for everyone.
Oh sure. Louis Pasteur and his intellectual successors had the same objective as climate scientists, to scam governments for money.

Where's that damned sarcasm icon?

Mar 2019
Texas
Oh sure. Louis Pasteur and his intellectual successors had the same objective as climate scientists, to scam governments for money.

Where's that damned sarcasm icon?
That was not my point but now that you mention it........

I hardly think vaccines are just a money scam. Although it is being used as such there is more to the story of vaccines than money.