Trump says US is sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: 'That was my sick idea'

Oct 2010
Colorado
My opinion: Sanctuary cities are an abomination. The first time I heard the term, I could not believe certain cities were further encouraging illegal immigration, such as Denver. I totally oppose illegal immigrants being able to obtain a drivers' license in Colorado.

That said, what reason exists to believe that Trump is telling the truth?

Trump says US is sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: 'That was my sick idea'
President Trump said late Saturday that the U.S. is already sending undocumented immigrants to sanctuary cities, and that it was his "sick idea."​
"Last month alone, 100,000 illegal immigrants arrived at our borders, placing a massive strain on communities and schools and hospitals and public resources like nobody’s ever seen before," Trump said during a rally in Green Bay, Wis. "Now we’re sending many of them to sanctuary cities, thank you very much. They’re not too happy about it. I’m proud to tell you that was actually my sick idea."​
"Hey, hey, what did they say? We want them," Trump continued. "I say we’ll give em to you, thank you."​
The comments came just a day after Trump said in a speech to the National Rifle Association that the U.S. was forced to release undocumented migrants and that it gave sanctuary cities as many as they "can handle," according to CNN.​
...Trump said in a tweet on April 12 that his administration was actively considering the move.​

More: Trump says US is sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: 'That was my sick idea'

Oct 2010
Colorado
I don't get it. That's where a lot of immigrants go anyway. They certainly don't go to East Bumfuck.
Lee, my wife is an immigrant. We jumped through a lot of hoops to gain permission for her to be in the country legally.

"Undocumented" immigrants are held to much lower standards.

It's a tender spot for me, and for her, who now after jumping through more hoops, is a US citizen.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Lee, my wife is an immigrant. We jumped through a lot of hoops to gain permission for her to be in the country legally.

It's a tender spot for me, and for her, who now after jumping through more hoops, is a US citizen.
Congratulations!

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas

Why do they get preferential treatment while those here legally, like your wife, still do not?

(Note: Congratulations to your wife and you.)

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
My opinion: Sanctuary cities are an abomination. The first time I heard the term, I could not believe certain cities were further encouraging illegal immigration, such as Denver. I totally oppose illegal immigrants being able to obtain a drivers' license in Colorado.
I am against sanctuary cities but they are not at all an abomination. AFTER READING HOW THEY CAME ABOUT, THEY DO MAKE SENSE FOR THE COMMUNITIES.
They in no way encourage illegal immigration.