Trump signs EO to promote free speech

Jun 2018
South Dakota
It goes a bit deeper than that, calling for witholding funding and grants for those who aren't in compliance. Grant money will also be allocated in the same manner as title 9, spend a dollar on one group, spend a dollar on all groups or lose the grand money.
Just heard Juan Williams try to tell us that govt should have no rule in determining free speech. Funny, that's howe the system go so screwed up to begin with.
Trump signs executive order to promote free speech on college campuses

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I'm all for this. I loved my college experience and I'd encourage as many high school kids to attend college if they think it's for them. But colleges have done too much to silo students from challenging ideas. College should be a place where you should feel safe from harm, but not from being challenged. The positions of those on the right, for one reason or another, have been stymied more often than those on the left.

All ideas should be expressed on college campuses.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
It goes a bit deeper than that, calling for witholding funding and grants for those who aren't in compliance. Grant money will also be allocated in the same manner as title 9, spend a dollar on one group, spend a dollar on all groups or lose the grand money.
Just heard Juan Williams try to tell us that govt should have no rule in determining free speech. Funny, that's howe the system go so screwed up to begin with.
Won't that blow Nickie Sandmann and the Nunes' lawsuits out of the water?

Nov 2005
California
The article references Hayden Williams. Him being attacked on campus was wrong, but how exactly is that relevant to the school itself?

Rape is much more prevalent on campus. Can you imagine if we were to hold schools to the same standards on rape as what Donnie just did regarding this EO?
Hold the campus liable and withhold funds based on rape occurring on the campus???
:rolleyes:

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Won't that blow Nickie Sandmann and the Nunes' lawsuits out of the water?
Free speech has nothing to do with the liable laws. No one has the right to hide behind the 1st in the way the press does when they're not only wrong but libelous.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Free speech has nothing to do with the liable laws. No one has the right to hide behind the 1st in the way the press does when they're not only wrong but libelous.
Agreed about free speech and liable. Disagreed that "the press" committed libel. Since you've made the claim, I'm looking forward to your evidence that they committed libel.