Trump slams ‘ridiculous Endless Wars’ as he defends dramatic shift in Syria policy

Sep 2019
NYC
Trump slams ‘ridiculous Endless Wars’ as he defends dramatic shift in Syria policy

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday defended the White House's controversial decision to allow Turkey to invade northern Syria and potentially wipe out U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters — citing his long-standing call to extricate American forces from “ridiculous Endless Wars” abroad.

“The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets. “I held off this fight for ... almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree with Trump here. I remember all those protesters in 2004, where did those left wingers go? Why is the left now arguing FOR wars of choice? I personally believe that these endless wars need to end, let muslim men fight muslim wars, let the neighbors deal with issues. We should not be the worlds policeman.

Last edited:
Jul 2019
SoCal

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday defended the White House's controversial decision to allow Turkey to invade northern Syria and potentially wipe out U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters — citing his long-standing call to extricate American forces from “ridiculous Endless Wars” abroad.

“The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets. “I held off this fight for ... almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree with Trump here. I remember all those protesters in 2004, where did those left wingers go? Why is the left now arguing FOR wars of choice? I personally believe that these endless wars need to end, let muslim men fight muslim wars, let the neighbors deal with issues. We should not be the worlds policeman.
What does impeachment have to do with Isis?

Reactions: ReverendHellh0und
Jul 2019
SoCal
Thanks, I fixed the quote. Any comment on the topic?
Perhaps it is about the money. Trump sold the Kurds down the river for a few millions:

WASHINGTON ― Donald Trump’s abandonment of one of the United States’ strongest allies in the fight against Islamic State terrorists also happens to reward the authoritarian ruler of Turkey, where the U.S. president personally profits from the Trump Towers in Istanbul.

Sep 2019
NYC
Perhaps it is about the money. Trump sold the Kurds down the river for a few millions:

WASHINGTON ― Donald Trump’s abandonment of one of the United States’ strongest allies in the fight against Islamic State terrorists also happens to reward the authoritarian ruler of Turkey, where the U.S. president personally profits from the Trump Towers in Istanbul.

So you think trump pulled out because of his hotel in turkey? not because he ran on the platform of ending endless wars?

Apr 2019
America
Same number as Obama, but I want to reiterate: "Trump is a pathological liar, so if one wants to divine his motive, the words coming out his mouth are a poor place to start."
If Trump is pathological at least it is an excuse compared to Obama who was a calculating liar. Obama's lies did more damage than anyone wants to admit. He set the ME on fire and turned Lybia into a terrorist haven during the Arab Spring. Obama supported the MB (Morsi) and gave them weapons and aid.

Jul 2019
SoCal
If Trump is pathological at least it is an excuse compared to Obama who was a calculating liar. Obama's lies did more damage than anyone wants to admit. He set the ME on fire and turned Lybia into a terrorist haven during the Arab Spring. Obama supported the MB (Morsi) and gave them weapons and aid.
"Pathological lying is an excuse."

Not exactly, and we've been giving the Egyptians aid since last century.

Reactions: imaginethat