Trump slams ‘ridiculous Endless Wars’ as he defends dramatic shift in Syria policy

Sep 2019
NYC
As long as it remains defensive?

You mean like the spec ops in a defensive posture keeping Turkey from committing genocide on an ally we just turned our backs on?

I just hope it isn’t one of your children, or grandchildren that ends up paying the price for your hubris. I’m sure as hell tired of Bush and Trump supporters willing to sacrifice mine for theirs.

What are you talking about? I want a complete withdrawal of troops from, everywhere.

We currently have American assets in the region, If we aren't going to remove them as I wish, I want to protect them, if that means adding a few more for now, I'm ok with it.

Whats funny, is you left out obama who got us into syria.... I guess your children and grandchildren dying in a war of choice is cool with you if the potus has a "D" next to his name.

Sep 2019
NYC
Personal opinions are irrelevant, including Trump's opinion on aid to Ukraine and his "strongman" despotic intervention in this. This kind of major US policy of enormous implications for national defense should have NEVER been accessible to him to order this change single-handedly. This should have been a Congressional decision, or at least that of the NSA and the Congressional Subcommittee on National Security. And I don't understand why they cannot intervene now and stop this insane major policy shift by a person who is so unfit for the job he has been given.

We are going to very quickly be seen in a new light by all our allies as a country that is no longer reliable. This will strip us of our international support and isolate us. And in such isolation there are other countries, like Russia, China, Iran, and others who want a piece of the USA and will unite to attack us in our weakened condition. And this dictator-wannabee who lacks the brainpower to focus on anything longer than the length of a tweet, is leading us straight into a complete collapse of the USA as we've known it and a takeover by Putin and other. This is VERY dangerous, but unfortunately his braindead supporters also lack the intelligence to see what he's doing. What is the excuse of the Republican Senate???????? -power. . . . --one-party dictatorship.

lol wut? this is conspiracy, tribalistic garbage. I like you leftists when you were against wars of choice. Chickenhawks saying we should stay and fight should sign up if it's that important to them.

Feb 2018
Oregon
lol wut? this is conspiracy, tribalistic garbage. I like you leftists when you were against wars of choice. Chickenhawks saying we should stay and fight should sign up if it's that important to them.
Right, so being concerned about national security is now "tribalistic garbage". See how low you've sunk on the diet of right wing crap?

Sep 2019
NYC
Still sinking, eh? I'm 72 and i did my military service LONG ago.

Ahh, probably never seen combat or you'd be far less cavalier, especially as a leftist, supporting sending other peoples sons and daughters to wars of choice. I see a lot of your type on the internet.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Trump's lies will never do as much damage as Obama's did to this country. The hate and division he (Obama) inspired is alive and well and is showcased in many of your posts.
You should try to provide evidence for your factual assertions.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Personal opinions are irrelevant, including Trump's opinion on aid to Ukraine and his "strongman" despotic intervention in this. This kind of major US policy of enormous implications for national defense should have NEVER been accessible to him to order this change single-handedly. This should have been a Congressional decision, or at least that of the NSA and the Congressional Subcommittee on National Security. And I don't understand why they cannot intervene now and stop this insane major policy shift by a person who is so unfit for the job he has been given.

We are going to very quickly be seen in a new light by all our allies as a country that is no longer reliable. This will strip us of our international support and isolate us. And in such isolation there are other countries, like Russia, China, Iran, and others who want a piece of the USA and will unite to attack us in our weakened condition. And this dictator-wannabee who lacks the brainpower to focus on anything longer than the length of a tweet, is leading us straight into a complete collapse of the USA as we've known it and a takeover by Putin and other. This is VERY dangerous, but unfortunately his braindead supporters also lack the intelligence to see what he's doing. What is the excuse of the Republican Senate???????? -power. . . . --one-party dictatorship.
Point of clarification. Didn't Bush 41 abandon the Kurds (no intervention during gas attacks against them) during Gulf War?

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Trump slams ‘ridiculous Endless Wars’ as he defends dramatic shift in Syria policy

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday defended the White House's controversial decision to allow Turkey to invade northern Syria and potentially wipe out U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters — citing his long-standing call to extricate American forces from “ridiculous Endless Wars” abroad.

“The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets. “I held off this fight for ... almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree with Trump here. I remember all those protesters in 2004, where did those left wingers go? Why is the left now arguing FOR wars of choice? I personally believe that these endless wars need to end, let muslim men fight muslim wars, let the neighbors deal with issues. We should not be the worlds policeman.
The fundamental issue here is being missed. A better president who recognized the potential conflict between Turkey and the Kurds would have acted in advance to find a solution that did not abandon the Kurds. Because Trump is myopic. unsophisticated and self-serving, he does not formulate effective foreign policy and has promoted "abandonment" as his chief strategy (consider the Iran deal, the Global Warminng agreement, the Intermediate range Nuclear Missile treaty, etc. etc). This was a preventable "crisis" if we had an adequate president.

Reactions: imaginethat