Trump slams ‘ridiculous Endless Wars’ as he defends dramatic shift in Syria policy

Jul 2019
Georgia
boy that's taking white fragility to a whole new level

distraught because a police department who was responsible for the death of an unarmed black man was investigated......4 years later

didn't follow but DOJ Civil Rights division is extremely limited in their scope anyway (it's designed that way)

Sep 2019
NYC
All I need say is I grew up in the 50s, 60,s and 70s, and volunteered for military service during the Vietnam War. I went to college on the GI Bill and majored in finance and became a successful financial planner and consultant. Then I retired a few years early because I could afford to. And "Fit and Trim" you say? I'm 72 now and I jog a mile 4 days a week when I'm not traveling to vacation in The South of France, Scotland, New Zealand, or elsewhere because I need to spend some of my wealth while I can. I usually don't boast about my success but I figured if I didn't tell you about it you would feel a bit too superior, and nobody like a self-important poster.

But regarding the subject at hand, it doesn't begin to address your callous indifference about national security and our international standing that Trump is destroying.

I still feel superior, but that can be another discussion. ;) you decided to talk about me, so I gave you what you wanted. ;)

one question, “Volunteered during the Vietnam war”, so you fought, were in theater?

Feb 2018
Oregon
That’s 6 too many.

you also discount the psychological toll of being in the warrior mindset.
Yeahright but your fake bitching about whether I'll be volunteering for duty indicates your own psychological issues. Generally when a person says they want to talk about themselves, it means they want to spin a great bullshit story, and when they announce that they feel superior, it means they are self-loathing, low esteem pretenders struggling to find a way to feel better about themselves.

I see our conversation is going nowhere and I'm not interested in wasting more time on you. You're on "ignore".

Reactions: se7en
Feb 2014
Oregon
Trump slams ‘ridiculous Endless Wars’ as he defends dramatic shift in Syria policy

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday defended the White House's controversial decision to allow Turkey to invade northern Syria and potentially wipe out U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters — citing his long-standing call to extricate American forces from “ridiculous Endless Wars” abroad.

“The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets. “I held off this fight for ... almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree with Trump here. I remember all those protesters in 2004, where did those left wingers go? Why is the left now arguing FOR wars of choice? I personally believe that these endless wars need to end, let muslim men fight muslim wars, let the neighbors deal with issues. We should not be the worlds policeman.
I hate to say anything nice about Trump, but I like Trump's position on war. However, the allies kind of stuck their fist in the tar baby. Tar baby is from the Breyer Rabbits tales. Once you hit it, your hand is stuck in it and trying to fight your way out, only makes matters worse. Following the world wars, Allies divided the mid-east to fit their convince and without knowledge or consent from the people they were dividing. It is not as simple as endless warring, because the invention of the allies gives them a responsibility for what they have done.

The Ottoman Empire managed that part of the world however,....
History - World Wars: The Middle East during World War ... - BBC

www.bbc.co.uk › history › worldwars › wwone › middle_east_01

Mar 10, 2011 - The Ottoman Empire called for a military jihad against France, Russia and ... The Ottoman/Turkish Fifth Army, well armed and fighting from strong defensive .... Although the Hashemite Arabs were rewarded with considerable ...
However, it should not be the US left holding the bag. The warring is not our war but it drains our resources and makes us weak. The humanitarian crisis is terrible, but I am not sure war is the solution and when we engage in war, we make enemies. Perpetuating war is the result.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
oh its the "don't point out my hypocrisy game!"

I've already stated I supported obama's withdrawal, Just wish he'd drone isis more than random people in the mid east. Same with trump, and now the kurds.

See that's called being objective.

Don't be so tribal.

So how many americans are you willing to send to risk thier lives for the kurds? You have any of age kids or grandkids? will you encourage them to join the fight or is that other american's problem?
Your point had validity when we had a draft.

The US has a all-volunteer force now.

Sep 2019
NYC
I hate to say anything nice about Trump, but I like Trump's position on war. However, the allies kind of stuck their fist in the tar baby. Tar baby is from the Breyer Rabbits tales. Once you hit it, your hand is stuck in it and trying to fight your way out, only makes matters worse. Following the world wars, Allies divided the mid-east to fit their convince and without knowledge or consent from the people they were dividing. It is not as simple as endless warring, because the invention of the allies gives them a responsibility for what they have done.

The Ottoman Empire managed that part of the world however,....

However, it should not be the US left holding the bag. The warring is not our war but it drains our resources and makes us weak. The humanitarian crisis is terrible, but I am not sure war is the solution and when we engage in war, we make enemies. Perpetuating war is the result.

Careful, seems when I say stuff like this, I get called a trumpleupagus... ;)