Trump struggles to replace Nikki Haley at the United Nations

Dec 2015
Arizona
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/politics/trump-haley-replacement/index.html

Well, she did it as long as she could. Who in the hell would want her job?

Good question! Haley knew something that most of Trump's appointees didn't: How to navigate Trump's troubled waters HER WAY---not HIS WAY. I'm amazed she stayed as long as she did. I thought she did an excellent job and most people think Haley will run for higher office--possibly the presidency. The UN position is a stepping stone for politicians of all stripes.

Qualifications for UN Ambassador aren't much. Perhaps a bachelor's degree in....something? AND I imagine Trump is looking for another cult member--someone who will hold his hand and tell him how smart and fabulous he is. LOL

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Good question! Haley knew something that most of Trump's appointees didn't: How to navigate Trump's troubled waters HER WAY---not HIS WAY. I'm amazed she stayed as long as she did. I thought she did an excellent job and most people think Haley will run for higher office--possibly the presidency. The UN position is a stepping stone for politicians of all stripes.

Qualifications for UN Ambassador aren't much. Perhaps a bachelor's degree in....something? AND I imagine Trump is looking for another cult member--someone who will hold his hand and tell him how smart and fabulous he is. LOL

There was a rumor floating around a couple weeks ago that Trump see's Pence as disloyal and was considering replacing him with Haley for the 2020 election.

Dec 2015
Arizona
There was a rumor floating around a couple weeks ago that Trump see's Pence as disloyal and was considering replacing him with Haley for the 2020 election.

Hmmmm.....surely SURELY Nikki would say no. She can beat Trump in 2020 without either one of them. I'm not convinced Trump will run.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Do you have any idea how many jobs in Trump's admin that are still open? 1200--as of a week ago. *1200* positions.
704 key positions need Senate confirmation. 129 have no nominee. 198 have been formally nominated and 378 have been confirmed. These positions include Cabinet secretaries, deputy and assistant secretaries, chief financial officers, general counsel, heads of agencies, ambassadors and other critical leadership positions.

Someone remind me: Which party controls the Senate??

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I don't know about the "disloyalty" but putting her on the ticket would be the correct play. Then she could be the 1st woman POTUS on 2024

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Do you have any idea how many jobs in Trump's admin that are still open? 1200--as of a week ago. *1200* positions.
704 key positions need Senate confirmation. 129 have no nominee. 198 have been formally nominated and 378 have been confirmed. These positions include Cabinet secretaries, deputy and assistant secretaries, chief financial officers, general counsel, heads of agencies, ambassadors and other critical leadership positions.

Someone remind me: Which party controls the Senate??
So we have effectively proven that those are nonessential positions? Great, let's just X them off of the payroll and move on to the alphabet agencies.