Trump Supporter Arrested After Allegedly Threatening To Kill Members of Congress

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Jul 2018
Earth
I am going to go out on a limb here and assert that it is highly likely that interstate communications to threaten elected officials is a federal crime.
We are discussing domestic terrorism. Threatening people using interstate communications is a federal crime but it is not domestic terrorism because there is no federal law against "domestic terrorism". It is like comparing a bicycle to a car. You can use either one to ride across town. But they are not the same.

POLITICS
04/12/2018 04:54 pm ET

Americans Are Surprised Domestic Terrorism Isn’t A Federal Crime. Most Think It Should Be.
The lack of a federal criminal statute outlawing domestic terrorism “causes confusion and frustration,” according to an FBI special agent.
The fact is, while the U.S. Code defines the phrase ‘domestic terrorism,’ there are currently no penalties attached to that definition. Therefore ‘domestic terrorism’ is not a crime in and of itself under federal law. FBI Special Agent Thomas O’Connor​

Americans Are Surprised Domestic Terrorism Isn’t A Federal Crime. Most Think It Should Be. | HuffPost

Dec 2015
Arizona
We are discussing domestic terrorism. Threatening people using interstate communications is a federal crime but it is not domestic terrorism because there is no federal law against "domestic terrorism". It is like comparing a bicycle to a car. You can use either one to ride across town. But they are not the same.

POLITICS
04/12/2018 04:54 pm ET

Americans Are Surprised Domestic Terrorism Isn’t A Federal Crime. Most Think It Should Be.
The lack of a federal criminal statute outlawing domestic terrorism “causes confusion and frustration,” according to an FBI special agent.
The fact is, while the U.S. Code defines the phrase ‘domestic terrorism,’ there are currently no penalties attached to that definition. Therefore ‘domestic terrorism’ is not a crime in and of itself under federal law. FBI Special Agent Thomas O’Connor​

Americans Are Surprised Domestic Terrorism Isn’t A Federal Crime. Most Think It Should Be. | HuffPost
Uh yeah. Thanks for just repeating your statement three times. We got it the first time. I get your point. Congress should address the domestic terrorist threat because of its escalation in the U.S.
So tell me why they haven't. If the terrorists are prosecuted and put behind bars for their lifetime, what difference does it make whether they are prosecuted as a domestic terrorist or a mass murderer..? So what if Mr. Bad Guy is charged with 40 counts of murder, including federal hate crimes but does not label him the domestic terrorist that he is?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Wow! What a post. making threats is now something to laugh at.
Wow! Whotta lie! I didn't say that. The comment was that the hyperventilating nature of the loons is laughable. The Fed, after 3 yrs of watching him finally saw something actionable and the took him.
Posting silly and then defending it, classic

Jul 2018
Earth
Uh yeah. Thanks for just repeating your statement three times. We got it the first time. I get your point. Congress should address the domestic terrorist threat because of its escalation in the U.S.
So tell me why they haven't. If the terrorists are prosecuted and put behind bars for their lifetime, what difference does it make whether they are prosecuted as a domestic terrorist or a mass murderer..? So what if Mr. Bad Guy is charged with 40 counts of murder, including federal hate crimes but does not label him the domestic terrorist that he is?
It is a racist thing. Since whites commit most of the domestic terrorist acts, it goes against the story line that we only have to fear brown and black terrorists in other countries.

A major fuzzy point is the insurance coverage issue -
Understanding terrorism insurance
Understanding terrorism insurance | III

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Allegedly Threatening

Now on the other hand, A DEMOCRAT SUPPORTER

I know Howey does not want to bring up James Hodgkinson the BERNIE SUPPORTER and DEMOCRAT that DID SHOOT MEMBERS OF CONGRESS.

It appears that Trump supporters ONLY TALK about doing what Democrats ACTUALLY DO.

Nov 2012
nirvana
The Feds have been aware of him for 3 years? He must have been declared a truly immediate threat:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
they even sent out an agent an the guy threatened to kill him too.

The libs are getting dangerously thin for echo chamber issues.
Now that he’s made those threats, there isn’t a jury that would convict whoever killed him claiming self defense, that they were afraid for their life.

This is where you Trumpets are. You’ve painted targets on your own backs for every place that supports stand your ground laws, and every blue state with sympathetic jurors to self defense from white red necks.

MAGA

Nov 2018
Inner Space
It is a racist thing. Since whites commit most of the domestic terrorist acts, it goes against the story line that we only have to fear brown and black terrorists in other countries.
White Right Wing/Conservatives....to be specific.