Trump the scientist

Apr 2013
Left coast
AGW - nope.

Wind turbines cause cancer.

Coal is clean.

And now:

Mr. Trump, before becoming president, did indeed have a long record of defending asbestos as a fire-retardant, tweeting in 2012 that if it had not been replaced with “junk that doesn’t work, the World Trade Center would never have burned down” in the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. His 1997 book, “The Art of the Comeback,” said that asbestos had “got a bad rap,” claiming that efforts to force its removal from schools and other buildings were “led by the mob,” rather than motivated by health concerns.
This is from an NYT article about a city in Russia that is the largest operating asbestos mine in the world. They made a bullshit claim that Trump was going to allow asbestos imports to the US, which their PR guys admitted was bogus. But the NYT reporter found that quote from Trump.

In Asbest, Russia, Making Asbestos Great Again

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
AGW - nope.

Wind turbines cause cancer.

Coal is clean.

And now:

This is from an NYT article about a city in Russia that is the largest operating asbestos mine in the world. They made a bullshit claim that Trump was going to allow asbestos imports to the US, which their PR guys admitted was bogus. But the NYT reporter found that quote from Trump.

In Asbest, Russia, Making Asbestos Great Again

The last line really sums things up nicely: Everything is dangerous to some degree,” he said. “One-hundred percent guarantees that something is not harmful do not exist.” I bet the Trump sect will write that down and tuck it away for an upcoming environmental argument OR it would come in handy for medicine too.

Well, if Trumpy does decide to start asbestos mining again I've GOT THE NAME: BeBestos. Like it?