Trump to amend Constitution with executive order

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Trump has announced that people born in the United States will no longer automatically be citizens.
He plans to do this by executive order, because there's an election next week and he's trying to boost the racist vote.
Since there's no white house council to draw up the eo, this is probably as far as it will go ..

Nov 2012
nirvana
Trump has announced that people born in the United States will no longer automatically be citizens.
He plans to do this by executive order, because there's an election next week and he's trying to boost the racist vote.
Since there's no white house council to draw up the eo, this is probably as far as it will go ..
Distraction alert

Distraction alert

Lame attempt to try and get caravan back as lead talking point.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Most reporters I follow are saying that he actually knows this will not fly even with Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. But is great red meat to throw to the faithful a week before the election.

Dec 2015
Arizona
This has GOT to be one of those moments when something is hysterically funny and shockingly pathetic all at the same time. I really don't know whether to laugh or cry so I'm currently facepalming.
DEAR GOD! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever in my life imagine such a STUPID STUPID man could sit in the oval office and we've had some real HUMDINGERS in my lifetime.
Okay. First, Trump's words: "It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump told "Axios on HBO." "Number one, you don't need that. Number two, you could definitely... You can definitely do it with an act of Congress, but now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order."
NOW
Pause. Now wrap your heads around that statement.
He was always told. Now they are saying.
In other words, we have a sitting president who knew SO LITTLE about our democratic process--our constitutional law--our operating procedures--our congress--our legislative process AND our THREE branches of government that SOMEONE had to TELL HIM how it works?? OMG! OMG!

I have no idea who "THEY" are, I'm hoping "THEY" also informed DOTARD that no president, including Trump, can alter, rewrite or amend the Constitution of the United States. As president, he manages the operations of the executive branch of government through executive orders. AND I hope "THEY" told him there's this body of U.S. government called "CONGRESS". And I hope "THEY" told him that even pressuring Congress to propose and pass a constitutional amendment wouldn't necessarily be enough. And I hope that "THEY" told him that two-thirds of both the House and the Senate to approve a constitutional amendment...and BTW, there's a mid-term election in 7 days.
Even if Congress approved an amendment, 75 percent of the states would need to ratify it. Trump won 30 of the 50 states in the 2016 election or 60 percent.
AND what about the court system? Can the courts write or rewrite the Constitution?
Surprisingly enough, even executive orders have constitutional limits. Presidents, and the executive branch must comply with the Constitution, and can’t simply can't change it by themselves.

Somebody TOLD ME THAT.