Trump to amend Constitution with executive order

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Great! But what was all the crap about his birth certificate then? It should have been a moot point anyway, unless Trump&Co. were challenging his mother's birth certificate also.
Well, it was all a lead up to him being a secret muslim of course.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Your confusing criminal jurisdiction with sovereign jurisdiction. Two separate animals.
OK, which one applies to diplomats, that's the one that is excluded from citizenship...
The dumbest argument I have seen by liberals is using the children born of diplomats without understanding what it means and how it applies to children born of any aliens. They both regard the same jurisdiction.
No they don't.
Do you ever question why you can be so certain of something, but there isn't a court in America that would agree with you?

Sep 2015
Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Birthright citizenship did not happen by legislation until the 1960s. No legislation trumps the Constitution regardless of how much one whines about it.

If anyone can explain how this is being mis-read, that would be great:

The Fourteenth Amendment was the constitutionalization of the Civil Rights Act of 1866. Senator Howard introduced the citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Congressional Globe, Senate, 1st Sess. 39th Cong. 2893:

Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country.​
I was just reading a book about this...Yes....the intent of the 14th was to address the Dred Scott decision... I also noticed the 14th also excluded aboriginals (native Americans)

Jun 2012
Barsoom
The dumbest argument I have seen by liberals is using the children born of diplomats without understanding what it means and how it applies to children born of any aliens. They both regard the same jurisdiction.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
But in real life, only the children of diplomats are excluded, because that's actually the law...despite the fact that there are weird cults who believe different, in the real world, "having jurisdiction thereof", means no diplomatic immunity.