Trump vetoes resolution to end U.S. participation in Yemen’s civil war

Oct 2010
Colorado
Five years of war, the greatest humanitarian crisis on the planet, the 2019 Humanitarian Needs Overview for Yemen report reveals that out of a population of 28.5 million people, 17.8 million lack access to clean water and sanitation, 14.3 million are in acute need of food, ~3.2 million suffering from acute malnutrition. Of that number, two million are children under five, plus more than one million women, pregnant and lactating.

Trump vetoes resolution to end U.S. participation in Yemen’s civil war
President Trump on Tuesday vetoed a resolution that would have ended U.S. support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen.​
The move, which had been expected, marks the second veto of Trump’s presidency.​
“This resolution is an unnecessary, dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities, endangering the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future,” Trump said in a statement.​
The measure had passed the House on a 247-to-175 vote earlier this month and was approved by the Senate last month with the support of seven Republicans.​
This month’s House vote marked the first time both chambers had acted to invoke the same war-powers resolution to end U.S. military engagement in a foreign conflict. It also represented the latest instance of Congress’s challenging Trump’s decisions as commander in chief.​

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6a7eb36cb60_story.html?utm_term=.405dec28d445

May 2018
Chicago
My god! How do we stop this madman? How in the hell does leaving Yemen endanger us? It certainly would not endanger our troops.

I'm sorry, we can no longer afford this person as our president. He needs to go.

Apr 2013
Left coast
My god! How do we stop this madman? How in the hell does leaving Yemen endanger us? It certainly would not endanger our troops.

I'm sorry, we can no longer afford this person as our president. He needs to go.
We know he's in hock to the Russians, but I wonder how far in the hole he is with the Saudi royal family.

Another reason not to release his taxes.