Trump wins snooker World Championship final, completes Grand Slam

Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
My wife who is not usually a sports fan of any type, loves watching snooker on the TV, she says she finds it an odd mix of excitement and soothing.
Snooker is incredibly popular over here in the UK, it’s been estimated that a around 45% of the population watched at least 15 minutes or more of a recent tournament, and viewing figures of 4 to 8 million for major matches is not uncommon.

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
My wife who is not usually a sports fan of any type, loves watching snooker on the TV, she says she finds it an odd mix of excitement and soothing.
Snooker is incredibly popular over here in the UK, it’s been estimated that a around 45% of the population watched at least 15 minutes or more of a recent tournament, and viewing figures of 4 to 8 million for major matches is not uncommon.
That may be, but the only dumber pool table game is French Billiard, and it does require a table large enough to land a F-35. Does that help to put it into proper perspective? :p

Sep 2018
KC, MO
I Used To Go To The KC Que
It Was An Amusement Type Place
That Focused On Pool, No Age Restrictions
You Rent A Table By The Hour

I Would Practice Shooting On The Snooker Table
Practicing Shots A Couple Hours, Hardly Making Any
I Wasn't Interested In The Game
Just Making Shots On The Round Pockets
It Sure Made Me Sharp On Those 3/4 Bar Pool Tables Later

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
I watch snooker via YouTube. The only athleticism needed is the not having enough belly to keep you from getting close up and ride the table and enough vision to point a stick.

It is an amazing game of strategy that is not inert to the chances provided by luck.

Reactions: MichaelT
Nov 2012
Rhondda
It is a very frustrating game. I wasted my youth in a very satisfactory way in billiard halls playing it, but my father was lined up for the South Wales Championship when he was fourteen, before his Senior Deacon grandfather found out and stopped it, and however old he got, I could never beat him. Grrr!

Reactions: MichaelT