Trump's U-Turns

Jul 2019
Georgia
yes that and the fact that the president should be doing his vetting, not just picking someone he liked on tv and letting the lamestream media dig up his sordid past

Reactions: YoursTruly and RNG
Aug 2019
Denver
Can someone link the spot where he said he wanted America to pull out of Nato? I remember him saying he wants the rest of the national to contribute what was expected and that if they don't we should consider it. But I must have missed where he explicitly said he wanted to pull out of Nato.

I'm actually serious not trolling. I want to read where he said he wanted to actually pull out of Nato.

Aug 2018
been around
Can someone link the spot where he said he wanted America to pull out of Nato? I remember him saying he wants the rest of the national to contribute what was expected and that if they don't we should consider it. But I must have missed where he explicitly said he wanted to pull out of Nato.
I'm actually serious not trolling. I want to read where he said he wanted to actually pull out of Nato.
He never said that. Hillary lied and said that he did. There are also media reports that say they have heard "reports" of him saying that, so they were lying or were lied to.
He did say that he would consider leaving if the other countries did not pony up forthwith. He has made other similar statements. European nations, as a result, are paying more towards building their own militaries, improving the security situation there. Merkel has since backed off and is hedging about Germany paying it's pledged 2%.
And what about all they years of not paying enough, while we picked up the slack? That money would sure come in handy.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
Denver
He never said that. Hillary lied and said that he did. There are also media reports that say they have heard "reports" of him saying that, so they were lying or were lied to.
He did say that he would consider leaving if the other countries did not pony up forthwith. He has made other similar statements. European nations, as a result, are paying more towards building their own militaries, improving the security situation there. Merkel has since backed off and is hedging about Germany paying it's pledged 2%.
And what about all they years of not paying enough, while we picked up the slack? That money would sure come in handy.
hmm so then the article is hogwash?

Dec 2015
Arizona

As always, Trump's comments are clear as mud.
What's Trump's Position on NATO? - FactCheck.org

Reactions: Kode, se7en and RNG
Feb 2018
Oregon
Yup, that's what he said.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Trump said exactly what he had to say to get elected and the hordes of low educated losers and deplorables took the bait, now they will have to suffer. OR, maybe one of the rights 2nd Amendment supporters could remedy the situation.✊
Therein lies the rub. A judicious exercise of the Second Amendment would have masses calling for an end to the Second Amendment, even though the use of such a remedy would be a public service. Some days the right just can't win. Then again, they created this mess.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Trump changed his mind after giving it more thought, plain and simple. Uneducated, poverty stricken and beer belly rednecks change their mind. Adapt to changing conditions.
They don't change their mind. They just blindly follow the orange man. You can't change the mind you don't have.

Reactions: YoursTruly