Turkey targeting civilians in Syria

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
My big question is why? What is to gain?

Trump made this decision immediately after talking to the Turkish Doctator, without consulting the State Department, without consulting the Defense Department, without consulting the Kurd or any foreign allies, and without consulting a single member of Congress, Democrat or Republican.

So I ask again, why? What is to be gained?

Dec 2015
Arizona
My big question is why? What is to gain?

Trump made this decision immediately after talking to the Turkish Doctator, without consulting the State Department, without consulting the Defense Department, without consulting the Kurd or any foreign allies, and without consulting a single member of Congress, Democrat or Republican.

So I ask again, why? What is to be gained?
Two words: Northern Syria.
Basically, Erdogan (Trump's buddy) says Kurdish forces are terrorists themselves. The bulk of the units in the Syrian Democratic Forces came from the Kurdish "People's Protection Units", or YPG.
Erdogan claims that the Kurdish Worker Party is on a terrorist list in several countries, including the U.S. In other words, the Turks are trying to DISTORT who the Kurds are.
Sounds to me like another ETHNIC cleansing is on the way. Keep your eye on Erdogan. He's a bastard.
AND BTW, TRUMP KNOWS all of this so maybe the question is WHAT has Trump got to gain? He's a bastard too.