Turkey targeting civilians in Syria

Sep 2019
NYC
The Russian asset in the White House should be happy. Putin has already expressed his joy at the US pulling out, and Erdogan officially began slaughtering the former allies of the USA that Trump betrayed. How often does Trump have to do Putin's bidding before the GOP starts to worry?

So NATO should threaten expulsion for turkey, as well as the Arab league should step up.

What is with the blood lust for more dead americans on islamic soil, in islamic fights?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Thanks, Trump! You just cleared the way for Turkey to kill our allies, the Kurds.
Atta boy!
And they are the ones currently holding tens of thousands of ISIS prisoners. They get killed and ISIS will be able to suspend their recruitment efforts for a while.

Reactions: Clara007
May 2018
USA
So NATO should threaten expulsion for turkey, as well as the Arab league should step up.

What is with the blood lust for more dead americans on islamic soil, in islamic fights?
It's not "blood lust". It's called honoring your commitment to your allies, and not pulling the rug out from under them to benefit Putin and Erdogan (or is he rewarding Erdogan for allowing him to build a Trump Tower in Turkey?). Of course I realize "honor" isn't a word that means a lot to Trump and the people defending him.

Reactions: imaginethat
Sep 2019
NYC
It's not "blood lust". It's called honoring your commitment to your allies, and not pulling the rug out from under them to benefit Putin and Erdogan (or is he rewarding Erdogan for allowing him to build a Trump Tower in Turkey?). Of course I realize "honor" isn't a word that means a lot to Trump and the people defending him.

How many American lives do you want to risk to "honor our commitment", what is our specific commitment? do you have a link? you chicken hawks really are cavilier with american lives....

Like I said, if you feel this strongly about it, I can hook you up with some contacts at dynacorp, or other private security firms who are in theater. perhaps if you go, some american kid out of boot camp wont.

Dec 2015
Arizona
You do know turkey is a NATO member, actually an ally.

But I digress, where is the arab league? Where is europe? Why are we expected to do the heavy lifting?
From what I've read Turkey is NOW neither friend nor foe, although after the Syrian attack their status may change.
YES--Turkey remains FORMALLY a NATO ally, but "Erdogan’s consolidation of power and corresponding suppression of journalists, academics, civil society organizations, and minorities” contradicts the underlying principles of American society and Turkey’s own North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) membership."
Neither Friend nor Foe: The Future of U.S.-Turkey Relations (2018)
The Council on Foreign Affairs is hand-slapping Erdogan. The council has suggested the following:
Recognize that the United States and Turkey have gone from ambivalent allies to antagonists.
Develop alternatives to Incirlik Air Base.
Reject Turkey’s demands that the United States end its military ties with the YPG.
Take a stronger public stand on Turkish policies that undermine U.S. policy.

The Trump administration has enabled Turkey to become a hostile antagonist and it started long before Trump's decision to pull our troops.

May 2018
USA
How many American lives do you want to risk to "honor our commitment", what is our specific commitment? do you have a link? you chicken hawks really are cavilier with american lives....

Like I said, if you feel this strongly about it, I can hook you up with some contacts at dynacorp, or other private security firms who are in theater. perhaps if you go, some american kid out of boot camp wont.
LOL...."you chicken hawks". Unlike you Russia loving Trumpanzee traitors I SERVED my country. I didn't pretend to have "bonespurs" and chicken out. I didn't shit myself for a week like Terd Nugent to pretend I was crazy. I VOLUNTEERED. I realize that's something a Trumpanzee coward can't understand.

Welcome to the ignore list, Trumpanzee.

Sep 2019
NYC
From what I've read Turkey is NOW neither friend nor foe, although after the Syrian attack their status may change.
YES--Turkey remains FORMALLY a NATO ally, but "Erdogan’s consolidation of power and corresponding suppression of journalists, academics, civil society organizations, and minorities” contradicts the underlying principles of American society and Turkey’s own North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) membership."
Neither Friend nor Foe: The Future of U.S.-Turkey Relations (2018)
The Council on Foreign Affairs is hand-slapping Erdogan. The council has suggested the following:
Recognize that the United States and Turkey have gone from ambivalent allies to antagonists.
Develop alternatives to Incirlik Air Base.
Reject Turkey’s demands that the United States end its military ties with the YPG.
Take a stronger public stand on Turkish policies that undermine U.S. policy.

The Trump administration has enabled Turkey to become a hostile antagonist and it started long before Trump's decision to pull our troops.

Turkey is a soverieng nation, how have we allowed them to do anything, how could we disallow them from doing something, what are all the other nato members doing about it? what is the arab league doing about it?