Turkey targeting civilians in Syria

Sep 2019
Texas
This is a direct result of not following the advice of men a lot smarter than anyone in DC for over a century- trade with all, ally with none-

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Turkey is a soverieng nation, how have we allowed them to do anything, how could we disallow them from doing something, what are all the other nato members doing about it? what is the arab league doing about it?
What horse does the Arab League have in this race?

Honestly, I think we should bring (almost) all of our troops home, but you and I know that's not happening anytime soon, certainly not under Trump.

But it seem totally chicken shit to fight beside the Kurds, who did a lot of the heavy lifting, and then when ISIS appeared defeated tell 'em hasta la vista hombres, good luck with Erdogan. He's a motherfucker, but a guy who loves ice cream can't be all bad

Does anybody remember when Erd's bodyguards beat the shit out of Kurdish protesters, in the US?

And the outcome?

Turkey complains about 'aggressive' US police after Erdoğan protest brawl

And:

US Dismisses Charges Against 11 Erdogan Bodyguards Involved in Washington Brawl

Jul 2019
Georgia
I remember Erdogan's thugs assaulting protesters in America and getting away with it.

he's coming back to the WH soon, so it'll probably happen again

Dec 2015
Arizona
I remember Erdogan's thugs assaulting protesters in America and getting away with it.

he's coming back to the WH soon, so it'll probably happen again
Do you suppose their meeting will be behind closed doors....like so many other meetings and conversations??
Trump should NEVER EVER be left to his own devices. He's like a 2-yr old (running with scissors) that requires constant surveilling. The scissors should be taken away and hidden in a very HIGH cabinet--with a locked door.
When things get quiet, parents babysitters should start running.

Sep 2019
NYC
What horse does the Arab League have in this race?

Honestly, I think we should bring (almost) all of our troops home, but you and I know that's not happening anytime soon, certainly not under Trump.

Why not? What wars has he started? How many troops has he deployed vs bringing home?

He seems consistent in his "end endless wars"? no? if not what is your evidence for your position?

But it seem totally chicken shit to fight beside the Kurds, who did a lot of the heavy lifting, and then when ISIS appeared defeated tell 'em hasta la vista hombres, good luck with Erdogan. He's a motherfucker, but a guy who loves ice cream can't be all bad
Seems he said trump would ruin them economically if he goes much further than he is, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Chicken shit, heavy lifting? Who's war is this?

Does anybody remember when Erd's bodyguards beat the shit out of Kurdish protesters, in the US?

And the outcome?

Turkey complains about 'aggressive' US police after Erdoğan protest brawl

And:

The guy is a piece of shit, if he acts out of line let muslim nations fix, let the un deal with it, the arab league, it's not our fight.

All we have to to is threaten expulsion from nato and they would heel.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

Why not? What wars has he started? How many troops has he deployed vs bringing home?

He seems consistent in his "end endless wars"? no? if not what is your evidence for your position?

Seems he said trump would ruin them economically if he goes much further than he is, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Chicken shit, heavy lifting? Who's war is this?

The guy is a piece of shit, if he acts out of line let muslim nations fix, let the un deal with it, the arab league, it's not our fight.

All we have to to is threaten expulsion from nato and they would heel.
Again the Arab League. The Turks aren't Arabs. The Kurds aren't Arabs.

Sep 2019
NYC
Again the Arab League. The Turks aren't Arabs. The Kurds aren't Arabs.

They are the regional league of nations... in fact:

On 15 April 2018, in response to the Turkish invasion of northern Syria aimed at ousting U.S.-backed Syrian Kurds from the enclave of Afrin, the Arab League passed a resolution calling on Turkish forces to withdraw from Afrin.[

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
They are the regional league of nations... in fact:

On 15 April 2018, in response to the Turkish invasion of northern Syria aimed at ousting U.S.-backed Syrian Kurds from the enclave of Afrin, the Arab League passed a resolution calling on Turkish forces to withdraw from Afrin.[

So let's see....

The Arab League members: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

In what fantasy world could that group of nations respond militarily to Turkish forces? Oh, and....

TURKEY HAS U.S. NUCLEAR WEAPONS, NOW IT SAYS IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE SOME OF ITS OWN
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has argued that his country should be allowed to develop nuclear weapons as other major powers have.​
Addressing the Central Anatolian Economic Forum in the central province of Sivas, Erdogan lauded the expansion of the Turkish defense industry, especially recent conversations with the United States and Russia, while hinting at future talks with China. He then recalled how "some countries have missiles with nuclear warheads" and "not just one or two."​
"But I cannot possess missiles with nuclear warheads? I do not accept that," Erdogan said. "Right now, nearly all the countries in the developed world have nuclear missiles."​
... Ankara recently defied Washington's warnings by accepting Moscow's state-of-the-art S-400 surface-to-air missile system, which the Turkish Defense Ministry said Wednesday its personnel had started training on in the Russian town of Gatchina.​
President Donald Trump hit back at Turkey's acquisition in July by suspending the country's planned participation in the advanced F-35 fifth-generation fighter jet program, but Russian President Vladimir Putin responded by showing off his nation's own fifth-generation Su-57 and modernized Su-35 during Erdogan's visit last week to the International Aviation and Space Show (MAKS) at the Zhukovsky International Airport outside Moscow.​
After inspecting the Su-57, Erdogan asked if it was for sale and Putin said "yes, you can buy it" as they both laughed.​

Turkey has U.S. nuclear weapons, now it says it be allowed to have some of its own

Fun times. Please note, Erdogan said "But I cannot possess missiles with nuclear warheads?" And Trump?

"I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul...It's called Trump Towers. Two towers, instead of one. Not the usual one, it's two. And I've gotten to know Turkey very well." --- 2015 radio interview

Very, very well no doubt.