Two Wyoming coal mines close, send 700 workers home after bankruptcy filing

May 2019
USA
There will come a winter when people are shivering wondering why they have no heat in their homes.
I think if the idiot left gets their way you would be right. They are literally so vapid they think the heat in their homes comes from that box on the wall that you push up or down for more heat or less heat. But, hopefully as more and more clean tech comes online we can phase away from it in a manner so that does not happen.

May 2019
USA
I am not sure what you are trying to show? That coal jobs trended back up when Trump got elected? Yes they did. I am sure without looking it up they are trending down right now to. China is importing coal from Australia instead of the USA because of the trade war. I have no doubt that coal is trending down right now. I am saying that Clinton would have literally had the epa just close the mines down and take a let them eat cake attitude toward the miners.

Jun 2019
ROT
I am not sure what you are trying to show? That coal jobs trended back up when Trump got elected? Yes they did. I am sure without looking it up they are trending down right now to. China is importing coal from Australia instead of the USA because of the trade war. I have no doubt that coal is trending down right now. I am saying that Clinton would have literally had the epa just close the mines down and take a let them eat cake attitude toward the miners.
There is absolutely no proof that such a thing would have happened. Coal is based on economics. If it wasn't the mines under Trump wouldn't be closing down...

May 2019
USA
There is absolutely no proof that such a thing would have happened. Coal is based on economics. If it wasn't the mines under Trump wouldn't be closing down...
Well, if we take what Obama, and then Hillary said then there is proof that could have happened.

Hillary Clinton wrote that her biggest regret from the campaign trail last year was saying she would put coal miners out of business
Hillary Clinton: Here's the misstep from the campaign I regret the most

Me and Hillary actually agree on something

Jun 2019
ROT
Well, if we take what Obama, and then Hillary said then there is proof that could have happened.

Hillary Clinton: Here's the misstep from the campaign I regret the most

Me and Hillary actually agree on something
I wonder, does Trump have a plan?

""And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people," she added. "Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories."

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

Three year old article. Tell us, what do you think the environmental damage is when a coal company blows the top off an entire mountain ?? How many animals die do you think ?? How many birds die each year inhaling the crap that spews out of smoke stacks all over the country ?? How much damage to wildlife occurred when the 39,000 TONS coal ash got dumped into a river in North Carolina ??

Jun 2019
NC
It is a manaegable risk. We can just jettison it into space. We currently elect not to.
Yes, we have polluted the earth enough, now let's go to the outer limit and pollute endlessly there. At what point does our negligence cease and our responsibility begin?

May 2019
USA
I wonder, does Trump have a plan?

""And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people," she added. "Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories."
The only thing I can tell is that he is not allowing regulations to be weaponized to just close down coal plants. I do not think he can do anything to stop the natural death of the coal industry. Although if this trade war does end, I believe you will see a rather large resurgence of coal mining for the short term. India has made up for some of the lost Chinese exports, but not nearly enough to sustain