U.S. Life Expectancy Falls Again

Dec 2015
Arizona
And the Reaganites still think he didn't grossly increase the debt and deficit. If you factor in all the games he played he was a fiscal disaster.

Now now, R. Calm down. You know that St. Ronnie LOVED his TRICKLE DOWN. Wink.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Now now, R. Calm down. You know that St. Ronnie LOVED his TRICKLE DOWN. Wink.
yes Reagan liked Trickle down it worked

Harding liked Trickle down It worked

Truman like Trickle Down it worked

Kennedy liked Trickle down It worked

Clinton liked Trickle down it worked..

Trump likes trickle down and it is working.

Dec 2015
Arizona
CAN we get back on topic, please?? Talk to me about the decline of this great country. Talk to me about suicides, hopelessness and addiction. Talk to me about this statement: Meanwhile, there were increases in seven others — suicide, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, flu/pneumonia, chronic lower respiratory diseases and unintentional injuries. (Could these be prevented with healthcare for every American?)

Tell me WHY we don't have universal healthcare in some form or another. Talk to me about how much we the people are spending on health-related issues and how that would compare to a Medicare for All program.

Explain to me WHY this great nation is getting pounded by countries like Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, UK. Tell me WHY these same countries do not have a declining life expectancy. Talk about suicides---about violence in this country.

AND finally, tell me WHY our healthcare--our lives---our children's health and safety is not our top priority.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
CAN we get back on topic, please?? Talk to me about the decline of this great country. Talk to me about suicides, hopelessness and addiction. Talk to me about this statement: Meanwhile, there were increases in seven others — suicide, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, flu/pneumonia, chronic lower respiratory diseases and unintentional injuries. (Could these be prevented with healthcare for every American?)

Tell me WHY we don't have universal healthcare in some form or another. Talk to me about how much we the people are spending on health-related issues and how that would compare to a Medicare for All program.

Explain to me WHY this great nation is getting pounded by countries like Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, UK. Tell me WHY these same countries do not have a declining life expectancy. Talk about suicides---about violence in this country.

AND finally, tell me WHY our healthcare--our lives---our children's health and safety is not our top priority.

The reason the life expectancy has declined I stted in a post very early in the thread..

obamcare.. after 1 year of Obamacare being the law of the land is the first time we had 2 consectutive years of decline in life expectancy.

Obamacare is STILL the law of the land, and we are in the 3rd year of decline in life expectancy.

Obamacare made it easy for people to get Health insurance, not health care.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

You, like many are blinded by partisan views when it comes to economics.

This is the key to this article

The mechanism, which allowed the government to transfer $2.7 trillion from the Social Security fund to the general fund over a 30-year period, was the brainchild of President Ronald Reagan and his advisers, especially Alan Greenspan. Greenspan played a key role in convincing Congress and the public to support a hike in the payroll tax. A few years later, Reagan appointed Greenspan to become Chairman of the Federal Reserve System. Since Greenspan’s new job was one of the most coveted positions in Washington, many observers have wondered whether or not this appointment represented, at least in part, payback for the role Greenspan had played in making vast sums of new revenue available to the government.

The state hijacked american wealth for the fed and its secret masters. You know this.

You make it sound as if Reagan was secretly funneling money to feed that goofy star wars thing, when in reality the state hijacked because they could. Why didn't clinton, Obama or the great, late HW give it back to the people?

My guess is because they stole it as soon as they got it. They just did some accounting trucks to move it from here to there and make it "official" under Reagan because they have the new, magic petrol dollar and figured they could get away w/ it now w/ the magic of modern money creation.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

Honestly Clara what the federal government has done to our money is the greatest factor in your question(s)

Sep 2017
Pennsylfaani
What is so shocking to me is that this devolves into partisan bidger-badger as if that is what truly matters, when in reality the cogs of this insidious machine hold no political allegiance to any party but are rather an entity unto themselves and have infiltrated all levels of our government and our society. There is poison in the air we breath, in the water we drink, and in the food we consume and feed our children and yet the question is not "what is going on?" but rather "how can we get more?"

This is why our life expectancy will continue to fall. The system that has been built up is not one that ever accounted for the wage slaves who grind and toil, and it never was.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
What is so shocking to me is that this devolves into partisan bidger-badger as if that is what truly matters, when in reality the cogs of this insidious machine hold no political allegiance to any party but are rather an entity unto themselves and have infiltrated all levels of our government and our society. There is poison in the air we breath, in the water we drink, and in the food we consume and feed our children and yet the question is not "what is going on?" but rather "how can we get more?"

This is why our life expectancy will continue to fall. The system that has been built up is not one that ever accounted for the wage slaves who grind and toil, and it never was.
Exactly.

While we argue and shed blood over which governmental system is "best," we all overlook how we have, to a governmental system, adopted various economic systems which all share this characteristic:

Not one of them is sustainable, each require consumption of finite resources, and every one of them release toxins into the biosphere shared by all life.

Homo sapiens sapiens is a cancer, destroying the biological systems that sustain all life. All our planet-searching telescopes and satellites have found thousands of planets of all configurations and sizes, but not one earth, not one, not even close. We have, at this point, a unique planet. We may find some like earth as our technology improves, but already we've established that it's a given: earth-like planets are very rare.

And we're fucking up this gem. The Greater Community is not happy with us, sees our brutal stupidity, sees how we're blinded by our brilliance, but they won't attack us. They don't need to.

We're killing ourselves. And once we're gone, the earth will heal in a geologic blink of an eye.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
IT you are correct we already have the single payer model of healthcare in the US it is called the VA system
and we have seen that failure.

medicare is not single payer.. people must purchase a supplemental health insurance or have healthcare denied at a rate greater than that of private insurance. only one insurance company comes close AETNA and it still denies care less often than medicare or Medicaid.