U.S. Rep. Steve King: If not for rape and incest, 'would there be any population left?'

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
U.S. Rep. Steve King: If not for rape and incest, 'would there be any population left?'

In defending NOT including language for rape and incest in his proposed abortion bill, King said:
"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

What. The. Actual. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Now to be clear, there's a legal reason why the GOP hasn't included language for rape and incest in their abortion bills. The argument some, not all, are making is abortion is murder. Flat out. No wiggle room. So to make that argument, they can't hedge their bet by saying there's an exception for things like rape and incest. If they did, the argument would change to it's murder, but murder is acceptable in some cases. That argument doesn't hold any weight from a legal perspective.

This make sense from a legal perspective, but they need to justify it from a political perspective. King is trying to come up with a palatable reason for this and he WHIFFED big time.

Just fucking gross.

His district will likely remain red, but I cannot wait for him to get primaried and get him out of congress.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
This one needs a quadruple facepalm.

The future has requirements: Steve King

Steve King: "Would there be any population" without rape or incest?

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) defended banning abortion with no exceptions for cases of rape or incest on Wednesday by arguing that most of the world wouldn't exist without rape or incest, reports the Des Moines Register.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that? Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."
Steve King on abortion exemptions: "Would there be any population" without rape or incest?

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
In the tune of Sublime "If it wasn't for rape, cons would never get laid" I keed, I keed

Would there be any right wingers without rape and incest? ;)

Last edited:
May 2019
USA
I wish we could get Steve King on the debate stage with Trump and Biden, assuming Biden wins. Even though King is not running for President it would provide hours of entertainment and spectacle