U.S. Women's Soccer: We've got one more to go!

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
When I used to drive truck for a living it was the same argument "equal pay for equal work". A woman "driver" who could not back up, or hook up to a trailer, was listed as a truck driver, and paid the same as the man.
My question would be WHY was your company hiring UNQUALIFIED drivers ?? I would have to wonder what OTHER short cuts that company was taking ?? I'd really worry about safety issues !!! What company was that ??? I'd to make sure I give their trucks a wide berth when I encounter them on the road. No telling what's wrong with them.
In the movies I see 110 pound women hauling a 200 pound man out of a burning building on her back. That's the movies.
I had a friend years ago. See her in a dress or just shorts and a t-shirt and OMG she was hotter than an August afternoon in south Alabama. But she COULD throw a 200 PLUS lbs man over her shoulders and walk. She was a fire fighter at the time. Very strong for her size.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
But THAT would be exactly the POINT my friend !!!!! They are clearly the better team !!! I suspect they might even be able to compete head to head with the men. Why should THEY have to ARGUE for the better pay ??
Then let the argument be such. Gender should not be the issue. However, for the Feminist movement to succeed it has to be the centerfold. And do you know what is losing? The family, and morality.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
My question would be WHY was your company hiring UNQUALIFIED drivers ?? I would have to wonder what OTHER short cuts that company was taking ?? I'd really worry about safety issues !!! What company was that ??? I'd to make sure I give their trucks a wide berth when I encounter them on the road. No telling what's wrong with them.
To avoid charges of sex discrimination.

I had a friend years ago. See her in a dress or just shorts and a t-shirt and OMG she was hotter than an August afternoon in south Alabama. But she COULD throw a 200 PLUS lbs man over her shoulders and walk. She was a fire fighter at the time. Very strong for her size.
There is always the exception. Does not make it the rule.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Just what has mysogyny got to do with requiring one be able to do the same job as another if they expect the same pay?

Better for you to stick your gender bias back wherever you keep it.
We have lots of male drivers who can't do that. I'd expand on that but it would be non-PC.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Just what has mysogyny got to do with requiring one be able to do the same job as another if they expect the same pay?
Better for you to stick your gender bias back wherever you keep it.
Are you saying that the U.S. Women's Soccer Team is not/did not do the same job as well as (or better) than the Men's Soccer Team?
Did any of the women (that includes me) ask to be paid MORE than the men? Asking for equality is NOT bias.
Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny manifests in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, disenfranchisement of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification. Wikipedia

May 2018
Chicago
Then let the argument be such. Gender should not be the issue. However, for the Feminist movement to succeed it has to be the centerfold. And do you know what is losing? The family, and morality.
Oh for god's sake. So women being paid equally for equal work is making the "family" and "morality" "lose"?

In this particular case, it is indeed about gender, as any other justification for paying these women less does not exist.