Understand This: THERE IS NO TRANSCRIPT OF THE UKRAINIAN CALL

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Right Wingers, and Left Wingers, I know how the right is forced by their lack of integrity, to defend the king of liars, trump, and the Left needs to find a way to impeach this disaster, but lets at least try to be somewhat honest. THERE IS NO TRANSCRIPT OF THE UKRAINIAN CALL. THERE IS ONLY A ROUGH MEMORANDUM OF THE CALL. That is why trump is preventing all he can from testifying. He said he would not cooperate, and he isn't, nor has he ever done so:

"Twice during a press conference on Wednesday, President Donald Trump went out of his way to assert that a transcript of his call with Ukraine’s president, released last week, was verbatim.

“I had a transcript done by very, very talented people—word for word, comma for comma. Done by people that do it for a living. We had an exact transcript,” Trump said, without any prompting. A few minutes later, he noted that it was “an exact transcript of my call, done by very talented people that do this—exact, word for word.”

Trump’s claim was peculiar not because it is false—that’s typical enough—but because one need only look at the transcript itself to know that it’s false. The document notes:

[CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place.]

Jul 2019
Georgia
I have a feeling the actual word-for-word transcript of the entire call would do some serious damage to trump.

that's why they immediately put it on the coded server

Reactions: imaginethat
Sep 2019
Texas
I have a feeling this is just another witch hunt- the Russia crap didn't pan out- he's trying to mimick Clinton for being teflon- but the lefts leadership keeps trying and the press is more than willing to oblige- it's just a shit show to distract the easily influenced/distracted pandering to a base, by both sides, with the Click Bait bullshit-

I think it's good- it keeps congress grid locked- LOL

Dec 2015
Arizona
Right Wingers, and Left Wingers, I know how the right is forced by their lack of integrity, to defend the king of liars, trump, and the Left needs to find a way to impeach this disaster, but lets at least try to be somewhat honest. THERE IS NO TRANSCRIPT OF THE UKRAINIAN CALL. THERE IS ONLY A ROUGH MEMORANDUM OF THE CALL. That is why trump is preventing all he can from testifying. He said he would not cooperate, and he isn't, nor has he ever done so:

"Twice during a press conference on Wednesday, President Donald Trump went out of his way to assert that a transcript of his call with Ukraine’s president, released last week, was verbatim.

“I had a transcript done by very, very talented people—word for word, comma for comma. Done by people that do it for a living. We had an exact transcript,” Trump said, without any prompting. A few minutes later, he noted that it was “an exact transcript of my call, done by very talented people that do this—exact, word for word.”

Trump’s claim was peculiar not because it is false—that’s typical enough—but because one need only look at the transcript itself to know that it’s false. The document notes:

[CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place.]
The memorandum IS what it IS. There's nothing more to be done about it because there is NO recording of the phone call. I find that strange, but what better way to protect a sitting president (not just Trump) than being able to refer to serious confidential phone calls as memorandums--not verbatim transcripts. The very definition allows the "callers" some wiggle room. Trump is using the "wiggle" to worm out of his current situation but obviously he's lying as always.
Even IF the document in question is a record of recollections--even if it's not "EXACT"--it memorializes the gist of the conversation and that's enough. In fact, it's so damning Trump et al wanted it hidden in a classified system even though the call did not contain anything especially delicate in terms of national security information.

Damned: "I would like to ask you a favor."
Damned: “Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible."
Damned: While the president saw nothing wrong with his request, officials who heard it quickly worried that it would be problematic at best and set about finding ways to keep the conversation hidden.
Damned: The electronic version of the reconstructed transcript produced from notes and voice recognition software was removed from the computer system where such documents are typically stored for distribution to cabinet-level officers, according to the complaint. Instead, it went into a classified system even though the call did not contain anything especially delicate in terms of national security information.
Damned again: At one point an order was given to not distribute the reconstructed transcript of Mr. Trump’s call electronically, as would be typical. Instead, copies were printed out and hand-delivered to a select group.

I don't care how ANYONE including Billy Barr wants to spin this........every single step of the way is damning.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I have a feeling this is just another witch hunt- the Russia crap didn't pan out- he's trying to mimick Clinton for being teflon- but the lefts leadership keeps trying and the press is more than willing to oblige- it's just a shit show to distract the easily influenced/distracted pandering to a base, by both sides, with the Click Bait bullshit-

he actually got away with the "Russia crap" and was sitting pretty until he pulled this

Reactions: Clara007
Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
The memorandum IS what it IS. There's nothing more to be done about it because there is NO recording of the phone call. I find that strange, but what better way to protect a sitting president (not just Trump) than being able to refer to serious confidential phone calls as memorandums--not verbatim transcripts. The very definition allows the "callers" some wiggle room. Trump is using the "wiggle" to worm out of his current situation but obviously he's lying as always.
Even IF the document in question is a record of recollections--even if it's not "EXACT"--it memorializes the gist of the conversation and that's enough. In fact, it's so damning Trump et al wanted it hidden in a classified system even though the call did not contain anything especially delicate in terms of national security information.

Damned: "I would like to ask you a favor."
Damned: “Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible."
Damned: While the president saw nothing wrong with his request, officials who heard it quickly worried that it would be problematic at best and set about finding ways to keep the conversation hidden.
Damned: The electronic version of the reconstructed transcript produced from notes and voice recognition software was removed from the computer system where such documents are typically stored for distribution to cabinet-level officers, according to the complaint. Instead, it went into a classified system even though the call did not contain anything especially delicate in terms of national security information.
Damned again: At one point an order was given to not distribute the reconstructed transcript of Mr. Trump’s call electronically, as would be typical. Instead, copies were printed out and hand-delivered to a select group.

I don't care how ANYONE including Billy Barr wants to spin this........every single step of the way is damning.

I think the call was recorded which is why trump is fighting so hard to keep anyone from testifying.

Reactions: imaginethat

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

He positively lied. The "transcript" isn't a transcript.

Reactions: Clara007
Apr 2019
America
Remember the Atlantic has about 500,000 readers. How does this change what Volker said? It doesn't.

Sep 2019
Marietta GA -Russia
Of course, Trump Zelensky's phone call is a vile attempt to put pressure on the government of another country.
But the bombing strike on Syria in no way exerted pressure on its government. As well as the appointment of Guaido "president" of Venezuela. And all these sanctions on Russia ...