Understanding Gender Dysphoria and the Military

Mar 2019
Texas
Well, now I think most people have a better idea why people with mental conditions are not allowed in the US military.
You are missing some points. This is not a diagnosis givin out after someone is evaluated. This is them assigning some medical diagnosis on a person at the administrative level. I really can not believe i am the person here debating such cause i really do not care other than the bending and twisting of the rules.

You keep resorting to saying a person is mental if they feel more in tune with the opposite sex. I do not agree with that. I do certainly agree that body mutilation should not be performed in that manner toward someone serving in the services. From what i remember they very much have the right to tell you if you can do that or not cause they own your ass. However there is the issue on gender nonconformity getting mixed with gender dysphoria. There is a fine line they are meddling with and i am interested how far this will go.

Will there be medical diagnosis for women who wear t shirt and pants? My question is i wonder and am interested in how far this will go. As i said before it was a clever move but i wait to see how this balances out.

Mar 2019
Texas
History[edit]
The term Section 8 eventually came to mean any service member given such a discharge or behaving as if deserving such a discharge, as in the expression, "he's a Section 8". The term comes from Section VIII of the World War II-era United States Army Regulation 615-360, which provided for the discharge of those deemed unfit for military service.[2]
Section 8 discharge was often given to homosexuals, bisexuals, cross-dressers and transgender people as they were deemed mentally unfit to serve in the military. A Section 8 discharge often made it difficult for people to find work in civilian life and did not allow veterans benefits.[3]
Discharge under Section 8 is no longer practiced, as medical discharges for psychological/psychiatric reasons are now covered by a number of regulations. In the Army, such discharges are handled under the provisions of AR 635-200, Active Duty Enlisted Administrative Separations. Chapter 5, paragraph 13 governs the separation of personnel medically diagnosed with a personality disorder.[4]
In culture[edit]
Section 8 became a household phrase when used in the 1970s TV series M*A*S*H, in which the character Corporal Klinger was continually seeking one (until he eventually abandoned his efforts).[5] His preferred method of doing so was cross-dressing.[6][7] In the 2003 movie Basic, a DEA agent Tom Hardy (played by John Travolta) investigates a group of apparently insane mercenary Rangers turned drug dealers calling themselves Section 8.[citation needed]
wiki

This was widely used to discharge people from the military until recently.

Mar 2019
Texas
I just did. Troll.
You just did fail.......

While i have yet to find an exact date they ended the practice of letting people go under those regulations i know it was after 2000. I an imagine that it was ended under obama but that is a guess.

eta there are stories online of people still being sectioned 8 in 2011.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
You are missing some points. This is not a diagnosis givin out after someone is evaluated. This is them assigning some medical diagnosis on a person at the administrative level. I really can not believe i am the person here debating such cause i really do not care other than the bending and twisting of the rules....
Then why are you doing it? Obviously you have some motivation which you are not revealing. Your choice, but it would explain why you are "debating" something of which you claim "i really do not care".