Understanding the meaning of the word "fetus"

Dec 2018
New England
Nat, I'll be waiting around the rest of morning for your answer to my question in posts #389/397. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely, RB
I just did with 401. We are in a agreement that it is possible for the SC to lack the authority to make a decision.

Dec 2018
New England
NatMorton, you don't read the law and, yet, you want to turn the issue from the words in the law to your interpretation and have a discussion on YOUR terms. The issue is "viability" and "potentiality" which are vague. It is not "when does life begin" or "what is a human being". You continually twist the discussion and then get your panties in a wad when there is push-back. The problems with debate are of your own making.
True or false, Roe uses the words "human life" when discussing this point?

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I just did with 401. We are in a agreement that it is possible for the SC to lack the authority to make a decision.
You're disingenuously avoiding my question about the Court's authority to grant corporate personhood in the Santa Clara case while I've been forthcoming. I've obviously hit a raw nerve. Your special pleading nauseates.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
True or false, Roe uses the words "human life" when discussing this point?
So what?
The phrase "human life" does not mean anything more than "human life". It does not mean "humanity", "the meaning of the soul", "the origin of consciousness" or some other imposed meaning. It is not my job to think for you. I suggest you search the >1000 pages of the decision pdf for the phrase "human life" and report back. I know the answer, but it is important for you to do your own work.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
Citing privacy clauses over and over means nothing in this debate. The question is "When does one acquire the basic human right to live?" because that right always supersedes a right to privacy.
That's only your unqualified opinion which doesn't count for much when the entire body of law is taken into consideration.

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
So what?
The phrase "human life" does not mean anything more than "human life". It does not mean "humanity", "the meaning of the soul", "the origin of consciousness" or some other imposed meaning. It is not my job to think for you. I suggest you search the >1000 pages of the decision pdf for the phrase "human life" and report back. I know the answer, but it is important for you to do your own work.
Roe was not >1000 pages. My error. It was <100.

Dec 2018
New England
You're disingenuously avoiding my question about the Court's authority to grant corporate personhood in the Santa Clara case while I've been forthcoming. I've obviously hit a raw nerve. Your special pleading nauseates.
For the second time, I'm not familiar with that case, and thus it makes no sense to comment on it. I don't know why you find that so hard to believe (or have I hit nerve?)

Dec 2018
New England
So what?
That's Biff's way of avoiding the answer "true."