US drops out from top 20 democratic countries

Apr 2013
Left coast
That proportional system involves Party only. The voters vote for the Party no matter who is in it. A democratic-oligarchy!
Read my link.
I suggest you educate yourself on American voting. There is a strong reason why a direct vote for president was dismissed by the Founders.
There may be a reason. It may be a good one or a bad one. But it isn't democracy.

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
There are no countries which are pure democracies, in that the citizens vote for every decision,
However there are plenty of countries which are classed as democratic because they use a system in which all eligible citizens have a vote in their electoral process, where they elect representatives to vote for them in democratic institutions which govern the nation
Therefore while the USA and Norway have different electrol systems, they are both classed as democratic nations because both systems allow all eligible citizens to vote in the electoral process.

Dec 2015
Arizona
There are no countries which are pure democracies, in that the citizens vote for every decision,
However there are plenty of countries which are classed as democratic because they use a system in which all eligible citizens have a vote in their electoral process, where they elect representatives to vote for them in democratic institutions which govern the nation
Therefore while the USA and Norway have different electrol systems, they are both classed as democratic nations because both systems allow all eligible citizens to vote in the electoral process.

Thank you, Michael. It's fascinating our friends from the RW outer-limits are sticklers on "truth", facts, precision and technical accuracy when it comes to our constitution and form of government--our DTT discussions-- but seem to be sorely unconcerned about their sitting president who misstates, exaggerates, fudges, falsifies, bends, twists, perverts and lies every single day.
It's a conundrum, isn't it?

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Thank you, Michael. It's fascinating our friends from the RW outer-limits are sticklers on "truth", facts, precision and technical accuracy when it comes to our constitution and form of government--our DTT discussions-- but seem to be sorely unconcerned about their sitting president who misstates, exaggerates, fudges, falsifies, bends, twists, perverts and lies every single day.
It's a conundrum, isn't it?
The RW controls the horizontal and vertical, and we can change it from a soft blur to crystal clarity. Classic Outer Limits was and still is my favorite TV show. The Zanti Misfits is my favorite episode.