US jets strike Syrian town with banned white phosphorus bombs – Russian Defense Ministry

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
If this report is true, then WTF Trump?

If it's false, then "why can't we just be friends?" If false, what are Putin's motives?

US jets strike Syrian town with banned white phosphorus bombs – Russian Defense Ministry
Two US jets have bombed a town in the Syrian Deir Ez-Zor province with white phosphorus munitions, causing massive fires, Russian military has said.​
Two F-15 jets on Saturday bombed the town of Hajin with white phosphorus incendiary munitions, banned under the Geneva Convention, according to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria.​
“Following the strikes, large fires were observed in the area,”Lieutenant-General Vladimir Savchenko said Sunday. There’s still no information on casualties caused by the bombing run, he added.​
The use of any incendiary munitions in populated civilian areas was banned by the 1980 Protocol III of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons. The US signed the protocol back in 2009.​

More from RT: https://www.rt.com/news/438008-us-strikes-syria-white-phosphorus/

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
Im sure it was the russians. Aren't they the ones trying to kill everyone?

Next thing you know the we will be doing drive byes in a model T w/ a tommy gun

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I wonder where they came from. We have F 15s in Turkey and Qatar. I thought Turkey said they'd not allow strikes into Syria from there and Qatar is a long hike over Iraq. Lets her the confirmation. OBTW a lot of military ordinance (Willy Pete?) will ignite when exposed to exploding iron bombs or even hellfires.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Are they even on the carriers?
The F-14 Tomcat was the carrier version of that aircraft. Don't think you will find them on aircraft carriers any longer. Planes such as the F-18 Hornet and those with VTOL capabilities are what's used now, to the best of my knowledge.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The F-14 Tomcat was the carrier version of that aircraft. Don't think you will find them on aircraft carriers any longer. Planes such as the F-18 Hornet and those with VTOL capabilities are what's used now, to the best of my knowledge.
F14 was retired in September 2006. It was built by Northrup grumman. the F15 was built by mcdonnell Douglas. The Navy hasn't had a dedicated fighter since 2006.