US was better prepared for pandemic that any other country.

Dec 2016
Canada
Probably until dumbfuck got rid of all the things Obama put into place for pandemic response
The absolute worst regarding this pandemic was closing down a CDC outpost in China and removing its medical staff. If they had been there, they could have provided independent confirmation of a viral epidemic early on when Chinese federal government officials were trying to downplay its severity because of economic concerns. And Donnie wouldn't need to be threatening war with China and demands for trillions in reparations.

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2015
Arizona
Adventures at Safeway: A parable
I love my Safeway. I love the Deli girls (Pam and Natalie), the Dairy guy (Lalo), the flower girl (Kim) and I especially love my checkout guy, Gene.
It hasn't been a joyful time for the employees lately. When Gene gets there to open up at 5:45 am there are from 80-90 people waiting at the door. When the door opens, they are a mob scene--racing for favorite section, stretching their greedy little hands up up up and away in the TOILET paper aisle. So by the time the "sane" people arrive, the shelves are partially or totally empty.
But I digress. I arrived at 8:45 am this morning. I found most of the things I needed--fresh vegetables, fruit, ground beef, pork loin, coffee, creamer, laundry detergent (1 left), multivitamins, lunch meat and bagels. After visiting with some very nice, but confused seniors, I headed to the checkout, anxious to see Gene--my guy--who has worked for Safeway for over 30 years.
I get in line. It's a long line, but I'm in no hurry. So I tell the man behind me (with 1 item--rotisserie chicken)he should go ahead. He says a polite thank you.
The next "gentleman" is probably approaching 90.
Has a mask on and a RED baseball cap. YUP. You can see where this is going.
Clara: HI--interesting times, eh?
Red Cap: Ridiculous--all these people--everywhere and it's all a hoax. (BINGO)
Clara: You think the virus is a hoax?
Red: Of course it is. It's hardly killed anyone and the FLU killed a LOT more people. (He's wearing a mask.)
Clara: Well, it's an entirely new strain. We really don't know what we dealing with yet.
Red: You know what the REAL problem is? THE MEDIA! Spreading all those lies. It's intentional, you know?
Clara: So none of the reporting is factual.
Red: Not much. But people should just stay home. It's a hoax.
Clara: Is the economy a hoax too?
Red: Uh.....
AND I step up to the cashier. What lesson have we learned, kids?

• Haha
Reactions: foundit66
Jun 2018
South Dakota
I could go on, but Clicker II isn't capable of addressing any of this so what's the point.
You always miss the point. I don't have to address any of the constructs you've placed here because I never said any of the thing you are attributing to me. I don't think the article did either. Instead of parsing posters line by line try getting to convincing someone that the article isn't true. That actually works a bit better...sort of.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
besides that, before the pandemic hit, what democrat was talking about how not prepared we were for a pandemic? nobody denies we have the best hospitals and doctors and medical equipment.....we just have so many million Americans without access to it, or access but no way to pay for it short of a bankruptcy.
Did you miss the part about not denying service to anyone?

Feb 2018
Oregon
You always miss the point. I don't have to address any of the constructs you've placed here because I never said any of the thing you are attributing to me. I don't think the article did either. Instead of parsing posters line by line try getting to convincing someone that the article isn't true. That actually works a bit better...sort of.
Right, and in this video Trump was touting chloroquine, saying "it's been around for a long time" and so if things don't go right "it not going to kill anybody".

The problem is that with him praising chloroquine as a kind of "miracle drug" for the virus and saying it won't kill anyone, and "what do we have to lose", one of his followers and admirers found a bottle of it in their home and took a dose. It killed him.

The left is so unfair to him.

I wish someone would sue Trump for this.

Nov 2005
California
The report is about the CAPABILITIES to deal with a problem. The planning. The infrastructure. The available equipment.
That we had, but not in any thanks to Trump.

The report is NOT about the actual PERFORMANCE in how Trump dealt with the problem. That was abysmally bad.
You can have the finest performance race car on the market and stick a monkey behind the wheel. The car's CAPABILITIES aren't going to make any difference to the fact that the monkey is going to PERFORM very badly.

Seems that you repeatedly throw out stuff you can't comprehend and pretend it means something it doesn't...
The report doesn't mean that our RESPONSE was the best.
It means our CAPABILITY to respond is the best...

It's the mental equivalent of designing and building the finest army tank in all the world. It has the best CAPABILITY of any army tank on the market.
But then you stick Trump in the army tank and let him run it. The CAPABILITY of the army tank doesn't mean squat regarding the PERFORMANCE.

What multiple studies have found is that the U.S.'s PERFORMANCE to contain the coronavirus is the worst.
And the reasons why are not hard to recognize because we've got a self-defeating idiot (i.e. TRUMP) at the helm.
  • He was provided briefings for pandemic preparedness which he and his cronies just did not pay attention to.

• He was briefed early this year about the rising problem and its significance. He now claims he wasn't, cause the idiot can't be trusted to tell the truth...

• He repeatedly down-played the significance of the coronavirus and threw out idiotic lies about it.
ALL OF THE ABOVE Clicker II ignored.

Instead, he solely quotes the last part of my post.
I could go on, but Clicker II isn't capable of addressing any of this so what's the point.
You always miss the point. I don't have to address any of the constructs you've placed here because I never said any of the thing you are attributing to me.
My gawd you are thick.
I NEVER CLAIMED YOU SAID ANY OF THOSE THINGS.
The point is the arguments I made proved why the statements you and your article did make were wrong.

I don't think the article did either.
This is a really sad statement.
You "don't think" that. :rolleyes:
Which means you don't understand your article either.
Do you just post this crap for the shiny headlines?

Your article stated: "... an assessment seemingly at odds with claims by Democrats that the Trump administration left the country vulnerable to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. "
YOU stated: "Seems to be at odds with the rhetoric from the left. "
My explanation showed why the 2019 assessment means absolutely nothing regarding Trump's 2020 performance. I demonstrated why IT WAS NOT at odds.

Our country had one of the best CAPABILITIES to deal with the pandemic. (And note, Trump had absolutely nothing to do with building that situation.)
But again, a CAPABILITY is profoundly different from the PERFORMANCE. While Trump could have used the existing experts and infrastructure and plans to help mitigate the coronavirus, HE CHOSE TO DO NONE OF THAT until very recently.

Instead of parsing posters line by line try getting to convincing someone that the article isn't true. That actually works a bit better...sort of.
You just demonstrated you understood NEITHER your article nor my response.
Nothing I said was going to penetrate your comprehension, much less persuade you.
EVERYBODY ELSE gets it.
I lose no sleep on what you can't get.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Seems to be at odds with the rhetoric from the left. What's new? They're coming out wrong most of the time.
What is wrong with your assumptions?
@Clicker II does not want to acknowledge the error of his misleading claim.

Maybe this graphic will help:
(remember the doubling time for deaths in the US is 3 days and that means the every three days the total death count doubles; this is fast than the death rate in many other countries. The doubling time for confirmed cases is similar. In 3 days, there will be about 90,000 confirmed cases in the USA).

We are soon going to see how prepared the USA is.
Below is the known, confirmed cases in the USA compared to the world (doubling time for the world is 7 days currently)

today.png

Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
Seems to be at odds with the rhetoric from the left. What's new? They're coming out wrong most of the time.
All this shows is how much Trump himself is at fault for the poor government response to the crisis.

Reactions: foundit66 and Biff
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
All this shows is how much Trump himself is at fault for the poor government response to the crisis.
Exactly. Trump has managed to undermine whatever adequate preparation existed years ago.