US was better prepared for pandemic that any other country.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Haven't read the whole thread yet but WTF

look at where we're at right now

we were most prepared but still let it get like this?
we even had more time to prepare than the other countries

I just......just....

A better take on @Clicker II's OP would be that Trump took lemonade and turned it into lemons.

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Haven't read the whole thread yet but WTF

look at where we're at right now

we were most prepared but still let it get like this?
we even had more time to prepare than the other countries

I just......just....

What is scary about that graph, or should be and again I stress that the y axis is logrithmic, is that the US curve is deflecting upward, which means the rate if increase is increasing. A linear line there would represent an exponential growth. The US is experienceing a growth that is accelerating more than that.

Note that the other country's lines are turning downwards.

Nov 2005
California
se7en's graph is also important for another reason...

Coronavirus Growth Rate.png

There is another thread on here talking about how South Korea and China are relaxing their containment policies.
Look at the graph and look at the current South Korea / China rates. Their slope is less than the "every week" line. This is because their containment policies are working.
As they relax their containment policies, the effect will be monitored to verify if the death rate starts climbing again (e.g. death rate doubles every two or three days) or if they can keep it manageable.

We are definitely NOT in the same situation. Our doubling rate is currently at every three days.
We need our rate to slow to a similar "slow" rate like South Korea / China before we can realistically consider relaxing our restrictions.
But my guess is most Repubs will only understand South Korea / China relaxed their policies, and from that assume we can too... :rolleyes:
(I sincerely hope to be proven wrong on the last sentence)

Last edited:
Jul 2018
Earth
Right, and in this video Trump was touting chloroquine, saying "it's been around for a long time" and so if things don't go right "it not going to kill anybody".

The problem is that with him praising chloroquine as a kind of "miracle drug" for the virus and saying it won't kill anyone, and "what do we have to lose", one of his followers and admirers found a bottle of it in their home and took a dose. It killed him.

The left is so unfair to him.

I wish someone would sue Trump for this.
Gotta save the nuts from the idiot =
Nevada governor bans malaria drugs for coronavirus patients
Updated: 9:33 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2020

"LAS VEGAS — Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus.

Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s order Tuesday restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine comes after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment for the virus.

Trump last week falsely stated that the Food and Drug Administration had just approved the use of chloroquine to treat patients infected with coronavirus. After the FDA’s chief said the drug still needs to be tested for that use, Trump overstated the drug’s potential benefits in containing the virus."
Nevada governor bans malaria drugs for coronavirus patients

Mar 2020
ohio
Yes, it should be called the Trump virus. It turns your skin orange and damages brain cells making you a babbling idiot.

Reactions: Kode
Feb 2018
Oregon
A better take on @Clicker II's OP would be that Trump took lemonade and turned it into lemons.
CLEARLY, the suggestion that the US was better prepared for pandemic that any other country is insane. Hence this whole thread is based on demonstrable bullshit.

It amazes me that people who are seemingly intelligent enough to spell a few words and use a computer either refuse to absorb valid data in favor of a diet of obvious bullshit which makes them to be fools, or they are incapable of doing so.

• Love
Reactions: tecoyah
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
CLEARLY, the suggestion that the US was better prepared for pandemic that any other country is insane. Hence this whole thread is based on demonstrable bullshit.

It amazes me that people who are seemingly intelligent enough to spell a few words and use a computer either refuse to absorb valid data in favor of a diet of obvious bullshit which makes them to be fools, or they are incapable of doing so.
@justoneman is a one man gaslight.
(edit) Should have been @Clicker II rather than @justoneman in this specific instance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clara007 and Kode