Veteran died in police custody. His body was returned to his family with some organs missing

Nov 2005
California
I think it's unfortunate when anyone gets shot. Some people choose a profession/lifestyle that puts them at a much greater risk of being shot on a daily basis be them military, gang members or police. This is a conscious choice that they have made.
Good cops choosing to protect the citizenry do make a choice to put themselves in harm's way.
It is stupid to adopt a position which would endanger them more.

What is the point of this thread then?
How can you keep asking that question when it's already been answered?

I assumed that it was to demonstrate that the police are out of control and believe they operate outside of the law.
ROFLMAO!
There is no post preceding this one which demonstrates any such understanding on your behalf.

It's not just that they "believe" they operate outside the law. Just by looking at reality, the same rules do not actually apply.
When police ask you questions and you exercise your fifth amendment right, there are plenty of occasions where they start threatening with arrest and detaining you.
When it's the police that need to answer the questions, suddenly it's all well and good (for them) that they don't answer...

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Good cops choosing to protect the citizenry do make a choice to put themselves in harm's way.
It is stupid to adopt a position which would endanger them more.

How can you keep asking that question when it's already been answered?

ROFLMAO!
There is no post preceding this one which demonstrates any such understanding on your behalf.

It's not just that they "believe" they operate outside the law. Just by looking at reality, the same rules do not actually apply.
When police ask you questions and you exercise your fifth amendment right, there are plenty of occasions where they start threatening with arrest and detaining you.
When it's the police that need to answer the questions, suddenly it's all well and good (for them) that they don't answer...

...and this is why i believe it is ridiculous to give them all the guns.

I don't think that it is logical to hold the positions that

A. The police are out of control

And

B. They should be the only people operating in society armed.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

My position has been for sometime we as a society need to reevaluate how people become police officers.

When i was in my 20s i wanted to go into the fbi. I met w/ a few associates who were high up in criminal justice system and government to inquire my best route to do this. The recommendations were to drive a cruiser for a few years, establish myself and apply directly instead of a full degree in criminal justice.

I would have taken a pay cut to be a cop. I was taken aback at what they were being paid at the time and how easy it was to get in. Granted i did not pursue this. I could not picture myself giving people speeding tickets for a couple of years. Still. These are not the cream of the crop (in general). Take that into account along w/ the fact that SCOTUS ruled that they are not required to intervene on behalf of the citizens regardless if they are in mortal danger or not leaves one to wonder what the real purpose is if it is not to protect and serve