"Veterans walk out of meeting with Ocasio-Cortez after she bashes US foreign policy"

Mar 2019
Texas
Merica!!!f@ck YEA

One Middle Eastern board member raised the issue of the conflict in Yemen.
The progressive firebrand slammed the US policy of providing bombs to Saudi Arabia, which has supported Yemen’s government in a brutal civil war, according to attendees. Some blamed her for not including the roles of other nations in explaining the volatile region’s violence.
“Talking about America, that really turned me off completely,” said Mazzella, 74, who said he fought in Vietnam from 1966 to 1968.
When Israel came up later in the meeting, Ocasio-Cortez suggested President Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are autocrats, according to a person at the meeting.
“I was revolted,” said the attendee, who didn’t want his name published.

How dare the bartender...

au·to·crat
a ruler who has absolute power.
someone who insists on complete obedience from others; an imperious or domineering person.

Nov 2012
nirvana
Reactions: Clara007
Apr 2016
Florida
https://nypost.com/2019/06/01/veterans-walk-out-of-meeting-with-ocasio-cortez-after-she-bashes-us-foreign-policy/

I may actually be on AOC's side about this. As someone with a libertarian, non-interventionist position, I'm not a fan of our foreign policy trend; that makes folks like me & the Leftys somewhat strange bedfellows. LOL
“She knocks the country, she knocks the president. And that’s not what America is about,”

That's the reason he gave for walking out of the meeting. That, and the fact that she wouldn't remove grafitti in town and wouldn't allow an all-Italian Columbus day parade.
lol.

This guy lost his seat on the community board (you know, the ones who should handle those issues) to the guy who lost his seat to AOC. Sour grapes much?

Dec 2015
Arizona
“She knocks the country, she knocks the president. And that’s not what America is about,”

That's the reason he gave for walking out of the meeting. That, and the fact that she wouldn't remove grafitti in town and wouldn't allow an all-Italian Columbus day parade.
lol.
This guy lost his seat on the community board (you know, the ones who should handle those issues) to the guy who lost his seat to AOC. Sour grapes much?
AOC knocks the country AND the president??? That's a stunner, isn't it? An American citizen who complains, knocks, criticizes a sitting president AND the state of the union. Unheard of.
Sounds like more GOP hypocrisy to me. :cool:

Reactions: Biff
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
AOC knocks the country AND the president??? That's a stunner, isn't it? An American citizen who complains, knocks, criticizes a sitting president AND the state of the union. Unheard of.
Sounds like more GOP hypocrisy to me. :cool:
Just a dying paper trying to sell papers one last time.

May 2019
USA
"The progressive firebrand slammed the US policy of providing bombs to Saudi Arabia, which has supported Yemen’s government in a brutal civil war, according to attendees. Some blamed her for not including the roles of other nations in explaining the volatile region’s violence. "

Does she not understand that Iran is the sponsor of the other side of the this conflict and that if we did not help Saudi Arabia, Yemen Saudi Arabia and everything else between Iran and the Mediterranean would fall to them?

Mar 2019
Texas
"The progressive firebrand slammed the US policy of providing bombs to Saudi Arabia, which has supported Yemen’s government in a brutal civil war, according to attendees. Some blamed her for not including the roles of other nations in explaining the volatile region’s violence. "

Does she not understand that Iran is the sponsor of the other side of the this conflict and that if we did not help Saudi Arabia, Yemen Saudi Arabia and everything else between Iran and the Mediterranean would fall to them?
What do you base that on? It sounds like a government opinion and why should i give a care as an american if you are correct?