Virtue Signaling

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Ugh! If people treated others like the humans they are, then there would be no need for this.

I like to think ethnic groups notice the pandering. I imagine some are insulted by it and others will swallow their pride and take any recognition that they can get, regardless of the shallow hollowness of such praise.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Hollywood award shows are the most blatant examples of this. Droning on about the exploitation of women from people who have done little else.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Maybe I'm not understanding "virtue signaling" but THIS is the definition from Webster:

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Doesn't that describe Donald J Trump to a "T"??????/

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Maybe I'm not understanding "virtue signaling" but THIS is the definition from Webster:

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Doesn't that describe Donald J Trump to a "T"??????/
Don't know, if him exactly or just about any famous person with podium. This word shouldn't even exist if not for the all the holier than thou cliche ridden pandering going on in our media. I don't trust people who flaunt it so flagrantly.