Voting for a candidate? Ask questions first.

highway80west

Former Staff
Mar 2007
San Diego, CA
Imprisoned 'Duke' tells of scope of corruption | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Two years ago, I visited Washington, DC. I visited Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham's (R-San Diego, CA) office. I wanted to drop in and say hello, before going on a congressional tour.

Little did I know that at the same, this newspaper was writing a story about his wrongdoings, which brought him down.

What he did was so unbelievable, that it's a shame he did not police himself, thinking he was above the law.

So if any of you have doubts when voting for a candidate, anything from city council member all the way up to a US Senator, ask questions to see if the candidate is either honest or a crook.

Jun 2007
Two years ago, I visited Washington, DC. I visited Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham's (R-San Diego, CA) office. I wanted to drop in and say hello, before going on a congressional tour.

Little did I know that at the same, this newspaper was writing a story about his wrongdoings, which brought him down.

What he did was so unbelievable, that it's a shame he did not police himself, thinking he was above the law.

So if any of you have doubts when voting for a candidate, anything from city council member all the way up to a US Senator, ask questions to see if the candidate is either honest or a crook.

Their are two kinds of criminals: Those who get prosecuted and jailed. Then, their is the rest of us. The fact of the matter is, corruption is institutionalized in our political system and he was like most congressmen/congresswomen. He was just one of the few who got prosecuted. Besides, it's not those who cast the votes who decide anything, it's those who count the votes as comrade Stalin would say.