War Powers Resolution >

Jul 2019
Georgia
Both the House (Pelosi) and Senate (Kaine) are both introducing legislation that would limit the president's powers, and reassert Congress's powers. They want to rein in trump before he gets us all killed, which seems smart to me.

here's the surprising part though, some Republicans in the Senate are supporting it (and are actually brave enough to admit it publicly)

apparently the briefing did not go well (who's shocked?)

Manchin in support too - he's technically a Dem but votes like a Repub most of the time

Mike Lee turning is a big deal too. He gives cover for the on-the-fence'rs (Romney, Collins, Murkowski) to fall in line

of course trump will veto if it lands on his desk but this might what pushes some over the edge into realizing we need to get rid of him

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Both the House (Pelosi) and Senate (Kaine) are both introducing legislation that would limit the president's powers, and reassert Congress's powers. They want to rein in trump before he gets us all killed, which seems smart to me.
I know they're just doing this to keep their echo chamber idiots smiling but don't you get tired of bangin' yer head up against the wall?
The House Dems keep this crap running so they can point to their failures and tell the faithful "see we're doing all we can to stop Trump" and stroke ya a bit. It's all a waste of time and money but then that's all the Dems know how to do.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I know they're just doing this to keep their echo chamber idiots smiling but don't you get tired of bangin' yer head up against the wall?
The House Dems keep this crap running so they can point to their failures and tell the faithful "see we're doing all we can to stop Trump" and stroke ya a bit. It's all a waste of time and money but then that's all the Dems know how to do.
read the thread and let me know what you think about the Republican Senators who are in agreement

I think all you saw was the word "Pelosi" and that got you all triggered into melting about House Dems. It goes further than them.

Jul 2019
Georgia
They should all vote for it.
you're talking like they like to do what they should do,
or like to do what's right, lol

since the Dems have a stronghold in the House, I think all House Repubs will vote against. They usually fall in line when they know something is going to pass anyway

the good news is, if they do - they'll all be on record, and it could hurt them in their reelection campaigns

Reactions: leekohler2