War Powers Resolution >

Dec 2015
Arizona
House Votes to Limit Trump's War Power in Iran
The adoption of the measure 224-194 on a largely party-line vote came amid heightened tensions between the two countries after the United States killed top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani and Iran retaliated with a ballistic missile attack against Iraqi airbases housing U.S. forces.

Before the vote, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., criticized the U.S. drone attack on the Iranian commander and said the resolution would send a clear statement that Trump should not take further military action against Iran without approval from Congress.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
House Votes to Limit Trump's War Power in Iran
The adoption of the measure 224-194 on a largely party-line vote came amid heightened tensions between the two countries after the United States killed top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani and Iran retaliated with a ballistic missile attack against Iraqi airbases housing U.S. forces.

Before the vote, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., criticized the U.S. drone attack on the Iranian commander and said the resolution would send a clear statement that Trump should not take further military action against Iran without approval from Congress.
surprised to see these names

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Thomas Massie of Kentucky and Francis Rooney of Florida crossed party lines to vote in favor

especially ol' blockhead

all Repubs who voted against are on record now too

Reactions: Clara007

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
surprised to see these names

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Thomas Massie of Kentucky and Francis Rooney of Florida crossed party lines to vote in favor

especially ol' blockhead

all Repubs who voted against are on record now too
I can't understand why 8 Dems voted no.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I know they're just doing this to keep their echo chamber idiots smiling but don't you get tired of bangin' yer head up against the wall?
The House Dems keep this crap running so they can point to their failures and tell the faithful "see we're doing all we can to stop Trump" and stroke ya a bit. It's all a waste of time and money but then that's all the Dems know how to do.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I know they're just doing this to keep their echo chamber idiots smiling but don't you get tired of bangin' yer head up against the wall?
The House Dems keep this crap running so they can point to their failures and tell the faithful "see we're doing all we can to stop Trump" and stroke ya a bit. It's all a waste of time and money but then that's all the Dems know how to do.
don't tell dotard, but there's a mirror bill in the Senate too and some Republicans are supporting it as well

(seriously don't tell him, he actually doesn't know)

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
I can't understand why 8 Dems voted no.
The Eight Democrats who broke ranks and voted against it:

• Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey
  • Kendra Horn of Oklahoma
  • Joe Cunningham of South Carolina
  • Elaine Luria of Virginia
  • Ben McAdams of Utah
  • Stephanie Murphy of Florida
  • Anthony Brindisi and Max Rose of New York
In a statement, Murphy, a second-term congressman, said, "I am not prepared to unduly limit our nation's ability to respond to different contingencies that may arise."

Luria, who is a member of the House Armed Services Committee, said, "I voted against this resolution because if we must commit our forces to sustained combat operations to protect our nation, Congress has the duty to take on the more urgent task of debating a new AUMF.”
Thirteen lawmakers did not vote.

Jul 2019
Georgia
he's right.

it's kind of crazy seeing him stand up for what's right, and in such an articulate manner.
well said, Matt Gaetz (words I thought I'd never say)

don't read the comments below, unless you want to be reminded what POS's trumpers are (like we're not reminded on a daily basis anyway)

Feb 2018
Oregon
So let me get this straight. You don't care what the Constitution says?