*WARNING* Constitution is under attack, facing unprecedented crisis

May 2019
California
what credible data do you want EVERYONE who did benefit from to provide? I find it increasingly silly when people want to stick your fingers in your ears and close your eyes so you can't see or hear that regular people are certainly taking advantage of tax cuts and breaks. Listen, please stop playing stupid and recognize that we all benefit either directly or indirectly.
LIsten, stop lying like an innumerate buffon incapable of knowing even the first thing about ecomonics or even basic finance.

One example, a good friend of mine owns a company and he gained sizable tax cuts which allowed him to hire new personnel rather than put it off till sometime next year. So, even if the person that was hired didn't get a direct benefit in their own pocket, they clearly were hired because of the tax cut.
Wow. ONE whole example?!?!?! Well that changed EVERYTHING.
This is the difference between wisdom and idiocy. I'm smart enough to recognize that while not everyone benefitted directly, they likely benefitted indirectly. Maybe several levels of indirect as is the case with people that I donate money, time, and supplies every year and when I have more, I can give more. That may mean nothing to you, and there may not be any news article written about what I'm doing, but claiming it doesn't exist because a news article isn't written about it is naive and utterly silly.
Objection: assumes facts not in evidence.

You have yet to back up your asinine claim. I won't hold my breath.

Sep 2019
CA
Do you care how this nation pays back its debts?
View attachment 6394

Probably not as that doesn't benefit you personally and as well all know - it's all about you now isn't it...
Ok, basic economics 101 for you. If we're to consider the national debt, we have to also consider the other factors. We right now have a national debt of about $23+ trillion. How did we get here? A large amount was added by recovering from a major recession, another part was because of all the expenses we have as a country.

Let me ask you this...how can we pay down out debt? Our country can tax us more like the old kings did throughout Europe. Tax us and make each citizen pay more leaving us with less to have and spend. What does that in turn do to our economy? Well, as a whole, we all have less to buy the things we'd like or need so it impacts our overall economy further because we have less money to spend. That in turn means that companies are making less from the lack of our buying and they are paying less in taxes each year to the government. That means the government will need to tax us more...on this broken record we see every year by too many ignorant politicians.

What's an alternative? Well, we have to make some hard decisions and dissolve those departments that are providing nothing of value to anyone. Consider the TSA. It's almost entirely run by the government and known to be one of the worst departments known to exist. On the other side of the coin, you have San Francisco Airport which is the ONLY airport that pays for it's OWN security group and they are easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US. Why don't we privatize the Airport security? That cost and expense would allow us to save billions which could help us to pay off the debt faster. What about other groups and worthless departments? groups like the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Departments of Commerce, and Department of the Interior. Why don't we get rid of the departments that contribute little to nothing to any of us except overhead expense and instead privatize or allow the states to independently handle their own as it was intended?

If we went through and really dissolved all the departments that were and are utterly useless...we wouldn't need such a huge budget every year. We would be able to give tax cuts to individuals which in turn allows people to spend that money on things they need or want stimulating the economy and allowing the government to get more from the companies in tax revenue. It also will help overall to pay down the debt and reduce unnecessary spending.

Or we can keep creating more stupid and useless departments that will continue asking for more money every year and the national debt will climb every year. it's silly really. That's why I'm a republican, because I want smaller government and to reduce government control. Not to say republicans aren't responsible for making matters worse since it was Bush who created the TSA like a moron...just that as a whole, we need to stop this cycle now.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Do you care how this nation pays back its debts?

Probably not as that doesn't benefit you personally and as well all know - it's all about you now isn't it...
When you have NOTHING ELSE, there is always a personal attack, eh? DESPICABLE!

We all know by now that whatever a RWer accuses anyone of, it's most likely a case of projection. So how do you see it to be all about you, Cantanks?

Jun 2019
ROT
When you have NOTHING ELSE, there is always a personal attack, eh? DESPICABLE!

We all know by now that whatever a RWer accuses anyone of, it's most likely a case of projection. So how do you see it to be all about you, Cantanks?
In a country that has to borrow each year to pay its bills only a selfish fool praises someone like Trump who makes that even worse but hey, I got a couple of extra bucks so it's all good.

That is it's all about you, the GOP motto courtesy of Ayn Rand who tried hard to prove (but couldn't of course) that being selfish is moral. I've rarely met a teenage boy who didn't eat that up with a spoon and unless they grow up they vote - GOP...

Feb 2006
California
Some are starting to face the facts!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Feb 2006
California
LIsten, stop lying like an innumerate buffon incapable of knowing even the first thing about ecomonics or even basic finance.

Wow. ONE whole example?!?!?! Well that changed EVERYTHING.
Objection: assumes facts not in evidence.

You have yet to back up your asinine claim. I won't hold my breath.
We all have to realize the Republican way, they have a phone number for everyone!

Reactions: The Mustard King
May 2018
none
Ok, basic economics 101 for you. If we're to consider the national debt, we have to also consider the other factors. We right now have a national debt of about $23+ trillion. How did we get here? A large amount was added by recovering from a major recession, another part was because of all the expenses we have as a country.

Let me ask you this...how can we pay down out debt? Our country can tax us more like the old kings did throughout Europe. Tax us and make each citizen pay more leaving us with less to have and spend. What does that in turn do to our economy? Well, as a whole, we all have less to buy the things we'd like or need so it impacts our overall economy further because we have less money to spend. That in turn means that companies are making less from the lack of our buying and they are paying less in taxes each year to the government. That means the government will need to tax us more...on this broken record we see every year by too many ignorant politicians.

What's an alternative? Well, we have to make some hard decisions and dissolve those departments that are providing nothing of value to anyone. Consider the TSA. It's almost entirely run by the government and known to be one of the worst departments known to exist. On the other side of the coin, you have San Francisco Airport which is the ONLY airport that pays for it's OWN security group and they are easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US. Why don't we privatize the Airport security? That cost and expense would allow us to save billions which could help us to pay off the debt faster. What about other groups and worthless departments? groups like the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Departments of Commerce, and Department of the Interior. Why don't we get rid of the departments that contribute little to nothing to any of us except overhead expense and instead privatize or allow the states to independently handle their own as it was intended?

If we went through and really dissolved all the departments that were and are utterly useless...we wouldn't need such a huge budget every year. We would be able to give tax cuts to individuals which in turn allows people to spend that money on things they need or want stimulating the economy and allowing the government to get more from the companies in tax revenue. It also will help overall to pay down the debt and reduce unnecessary spending.

Or we can keep creating more stupid and useless departments that will continue asking for more money every year and the national debt will climb every year. it's silly really. That's why I'm a republican, because I want smaller government and to reduce government control. Not to say republicans aren't responsible for making matters worse since it was Bush who created the TSA like a moron...just that as a whole, we need to stop this cycle now.
Provide some links and hard numbers and we'll talk. You also have to factor in how much more these services will cost once privatized. Because trust me, we learned from privatizing our parking meters in Chicago that some things just should never be privatized.

That's just one example.

Reactions: intangible child
Sep 2019
CA
Provide some links and hard numbers and we'll talk. You also have to factor in how much more these services will cost once privatized. Because trust me, we learned from privatizing our parking meters in Chicago that some things just should never be privatized.

That's just one example.
please google and do your own research. finding examples to support your premise is easy when all you look for is that. How about you look for all information and then base your opinion on an educated decision? That'd be wonderful. Personally I always research things myself regardless so I may always make an educated decision...why would I want to enable your laziness and apathy?

Nov 2005
California
please google and do your own research. finding examples to support your premise is easy when all you look for is that. How about you look for all information and then base your opinion on an educated decision? That'd be wonderful. Personally I always research things myself regardless so I may always make an educated decision...why would I want to enable your laziness and apathy?
Soooooo many times I see people on the right making claims, but when pressed for actual evidence they insist others should do their own research.
When you make the claims, you need to back up your claims.

For example, you said:
On the other side of the coin, you have San Francisco Airport which is the ONLY airport that pays for it's OWN security group and they are easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US.​
No.

You also said:
Our country can tax us more like the old kings did throughout Europe. Tax us and make each citizen pay more leaving us with less to have and spend. What does that in turn do to our economy? Well, as a whole, we all have less to buy the things we'd like or need so it impacts our overall economy further because we have less money to spend. That in turn means that companies are making less from the lack of our buying and they are paying less in taxes each year to the government. That means the government will need to tax us more...on this broken record we see every year by too many ignorant politicians.

Again, no.
First, while tax cuts or increases have some impact, the amount of either spurring or deterring economic growth is often exaggerated. As with any economic policy, there is some impact, but nothing approaching the extent it’s credited with.
The economy is more resilient than your description.

Then there's other stuff.
leekohler2 said: Provide some links and hard numbers and we'll talk.
I would guess because your description blindly alleges that cutting out "useless" departments in our government would allow us to "... we wouldn't need such a huge budget every year. We would be able to give tax cuts to individuals ..."

Nobody can "google" what departments you think are useless. Without you providing the numbers for YOUR CLAIMS, your allegation is a vague claim with no substantiation that nobody can "google".

May 2018
none
The parking meter situation is an example that affects me directly, since I live in Chicago. You made a claim, back it up. It's not up to me to prove or disprove your claim. You're the one being lazy. If you've researched this, then it should be easy for you to prove your point. Otherwise, you're just some guy talking on the internet. I cannot google what you think is useless, since I am not a mind reader.

Reactions: se7en