*WARNING* Constitution is under attack, facing unprecedented crisis

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Ok, basic economics 101 for you. If we're to consider the national debt, we have to also consider the other factors. We right now have a national debt of about $23+ trillion. How did we get here? A large amount was added by recovering from a major recession, another part was because of all the expenses we have as a country.

Let me ask you this...how can we pay down out debt? Our country can tax us more like the old kings did throughout Europe. Tax us and make each citizen pay more leaving us with less to have and spend. What does that in turn do to our economy? Well, as a whole, we all have less to buy the things we'd like or need so it impacts our overall economy further because we have less money to spend. That in turn means that companies are making less from the lack of our buying and they are paying less in taxes each year to the government. That means the government will need to tax us more...on this broken record we see every year by too many ignorant politicians.

What's an alternative? Well, we have to make some hard decisions and dissolve those departments that are providing nothing of value to anyone. Consider the TSA. It's almost entirely run by the government and known to be one of the worst departments known to exist. On the other side of the coin, you have San Francisco Airport which is the ONLY airport that pays for it's OWN security group and they are easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US. Why don't we privatize the Airport security? That cost and expense would allow us to save billions which could help us to pay off the debt faster. What about other groups and worthless departments? groups like the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Departments of Commerce, and Department of the Interior. Why don't we get rid of the departments that contribute little to nothing to any of us except overhead expense and instead privatize or allow the states to independently handle their own as it was intended?

If we went through and really dissolved all the departments that were and are utterly useless...we wouldn't need such a huge budget every year. We would be able to give tax cuts to individuals which in turn allows people to spend that money on things they need or want stimulating the economy and allowing the government to get more from the companies in tax revenue. It also will help overall to pay down the debt and reduce unnecessary spending.

Or we can keep creating more stupid and useless departments that will continue asking for more money every year and the national debt will climb every year. it's silly really. That's why I'm a republican, because I want smaller government and to reduce government control. Not to say republicans aren't responsible for making matters worse since it was Bush who created the TSA like a moron...just that as a whole, we need to stop this cycle now.

Simply privatizing a government service does NOT make the expense go away. Often they become MORE expensive and/or provide LESS service to the intended end user.

Sep 2019
CA
Soooooo many times I see people on the right making claims, but when pressed for actual evidence they insist others should do their own research.
When you make the claims, you need to back up your claims.

For example, you said:

On the other side of the coin, you have San Francisco Airport which is the ONLY airport that pays for it's OWN security group and they are easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US.
No.
At San Francisco International Airport, private contractors ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com › local › trafficandcommuting › 2019/02/10

I didn't know I needed to provide facts for each comment I make.

Here's the thing buckwheat, I'm old and much of the information I have has been collected over decades. That said, I have read countless hundreds of books throughout my life, often reference information I've learned in several of them or articles or reports I've read. Unlike you and the younger generation, I don't always have links to provide in order to substantiate my remarks because you have google and if you need to really look, then look yourself. If you look at one thing and think you're done, then you're deluding yourself and choosing ignorance rather than education.

Example: would you rather go to a surgeon who only studied one source for all their medical training and multiple sources?

My purpose is to start the conversation. I'm not including links to every remark because no one will read it all and it's wasted time I won't ever get back for no real purpose. If you want to engage on any topic...I can certainly discuss it with you but if all you want to do is justify your premise because you found some site to agree with you and now you refuse to accept or look at anything else...then you're not looking for a discussion, you're being a bigot.

I've personally read at least 5 stories over the last few years on SFO and I've personally flown through there at least 15 times and other airports from Oakland and San Jose at least that many and flying out of SFO has always been easier for me than the others from personal experience. Now if you tell me your personal experience challenges that...then we're at a stalemate if you've flown the same number from each airport and drew different conclusions. However, as someone who travels too often to count...I'd bet you haven't flown out of one or all three of those locations as much as I have but none-the-less I'm still willing to accept if your experience was different because I can't challenge it and have no need to. You want to argue for the sake of arguing and honestly I'm not about the argument, I'm about the discussion.

Sep 2019
CA
The parking meter situation is an example that affects me directly, since I live in Chicago. You made a claim, back it up. It's not up to me to prove or disprove your claim. You're the one being lazy. If you've researched this, then it should be easy for you to prove your point. Otherwise, you're just some guy talking on the internet. I cannot google what you think is useless, since I am not a mind reader.
Chicago and their parking meter issue is annoying. Honestly, it's a great cautionary tale for people NOT to get in bed with a group without a door or window to flee from if things go bad. One article I actually liked was this:

Parking Meters and the Perils of Privatization | Smart Cities Dive

Now, that said, saying we shouldn't privatize because of Chicago, is both silly and nonsense. IF NASA had that same mentality, they would never have reached the moon and would have given up after the first failure. Privatizing certain groups and departments IS the better solution so long as we protect ourselves and give ourselves a way out if things go south. I already provided a link to an Washington Post article stating that SFO security regularly receives awards and accommodations for excellence because they are better and faster than any TSA counterpart. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/at-san-francisco-international-airport-private-contractors-handle-security-screening-is-it-the-airport-of-the-future/2019/02/10/1d13cb68-24d2-11e9-90cd-dedb0c92dc17_story.html

Now, when we're talking about any of the more useless departments in the government that have done nothing more than drain our wallets without anything to show for it...we need to dissolve those groups and privatize them or at the very least pass it over to the states to handle locally. TSA should never have been a government agency and prior to 9/11 it wasn't. Had it not been for dimwit Bush...it would still be private and not draining our wallets with their incompetence. We need to stop government from trying to handle everything in our life because it's always more expensive and it never operates right. This isn't hyperbole...this is fact to anyone who's had to work with the government. We hear about people claiming they want the government to handle healthcare...and cite Canada as a perfect success story. However, it's only a success story to those who have never had to rely on canada's healthcare.
The Ugly Truth About Canadian Health Care
Canadians Are One In A Million -- While Waiting For Medical Treatment
Why Canada’s ‘best’ health-care system just got ranked last — again

This is what happens when you let the government handle something. Why on Earth do you or would you want the government to handle anything when they prove time and again they couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag.

but I do empathize with your frustrations about chicago's parking meter issue.

Nov 2005
California
Considering I was responding to a post thread where you not only provided no citations for your claims, but also you balked at providing any, you currently whining about providing facts for each comment is both inaccurate and also a bad attempt at moving the goalposts.

Moreover, the link you provided has absolutely nothing to do with the part I was refuting which was the part in bold-underline "On the other side of the coin, you have San Francisco Airport which is the ONLY airport that pays for it's OWN security group and they are easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US. "

Here's the thing buckwheat, I'm old and much of the information I have has been collected over decades. That said, I have read countless hundreds of books throughout my life, often reference information I've learned in several of them or articles or reports I've read. Unlike you and the younger generation, I don't always have links to provide in order to substantiate my remarks because you have google and if you need to really look, then look yourself. If you look at one thing and think you're done, then you're deluding yourself and choosing ignorance rather than education.
Then you should follow your own advice and "google" it yourself, right?
#sarcasm

One thing you should recognize about the message forums is that nobody is just taken at their word. Ergo, you making a claim about "fastest and best" (in conjunction with privatization) is not going to be just blindly assumed.
Moreover, when somebody does take your advice and googles to verify, maybe recognize the action instead of continuing with the "other people's problem" approach.

Regarding "looking at one thing", I'm just curious how many sources would one need in order for you to recognize that your claim that SFO is "... easily one of the fastest and best TSA groups in the US." is wild exaggeration?
Cause here's the thing. You presented NO substantiation and then you mock the fact that I provided one source to repudiate.
Quite frankly, in any objective sense one actual study being done vs your claim doesn't end up well for you...

Example: would you rather go to a surgeon who only studied one source for all their medical training and multiple sources?
Counter-example: Would you go to a surgeon who was explaining something, you ask them a simple question and they insist you should google it yourself?

My purpose is to start the conversation. I'm not including links to every remark because no one will read it all and it's wasted time I won't ever get back for no real purpose. If you want to engage on any topic...I can certainly discuss it with you but if all you want to do is justify your premise because you found some site to agree with you and now you refuse to accept or look at anything else...then you're not looking for a discussion, you're being a bigot.
Would the same standard be applied to somebody who had formed an opinion and no amount of evidence could dissuade them from that opinion?

I've personally read at least 5 stories over the last few years on SFO and I've personally flown through there at least 15 times and other airports from Oakland and San Jose at least that many and flying out of SFO has always been easier for me than the others from personal experience. Now if you tell me your personal experience challenges that...then we're at a stalemate if you've flown the same number from each airport and drew different conclusions. However, as someone who travels too often to count...I'd bet you haven't flown out of one or all three of those locations as much as I have but none-the-less I'm still willing to accept if your experience was different because I can't challenge it and have no need to. You want to argue for the sake of arguing and honestly I'm not about the argument, I'm about the discussion.
I'm not interested in arguing for the sake of arguing.
However, if you're simply going to proclaim that others need to google to verify your assessment, then you're not going to find people who are going to be swayed by your opinions.

Reactions: The Mustard King
Nov 2019
Upstate NY
SINCE WHEN DO WE IMPEACH PRESIDENTS FOR FIGHTING CORRUPTION?

The hilarious part of the impeachment is that they are impeaching and removing Trump from office for demanding AN ANTI CORRUPTION STATEMENT AND ANTI CORRUPTION INVESTIGATION

LOL @ LIBERAL DEMOCRATS HAVING BAD MORALS!

HAHA the Democrats are so stupid they are actually going to do it! They are going to remove Trump for fighting corruption! WOW IDIOT ALERT!

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I agree...but it certainly does help reduce expenses doesn't it?

My point is, NO is does NOT reduce expenses. In many cases, it winds up costing more, sometimes MUCH more than if the government had continued to provide the service in question. Case in point. STARTING at a cost of $275 dollars, per day, per person, and costing as much as $775 dollars, per day, per person, do you HONESTLY believe the private contractors housing asylum seekers at the border are SAVING the government money ??

For that amount of money per person, per day, I'LL TAKE TEN of them. I have one thousand square feet of unused and unfinished basement space. It's just storage right now. It's already heated and cooled. I'll take that space and install two extra toilets and two extra shower stalls. I will build out bunk beds and equip them with mattresses, sheets, and blankets. I will give them full access to the washer and drier so they can wash clothes and sheets as they see fit. I will provide three meals a day, or at least the makings for meals and access to a stove if they wish to cook for themselves. Naturally, I will hire around the clock guards and provide them with transportation to and from their court hearings. And UNLIKE the facilities at the border, I would be quite happy to provide, DIAPERS, soap and female hygiene products as needed.

And I GUARANGODDAMNEDTEEEEEE what I would provide would be FAR superior to what the contactors at the border are currently providing.

Whole families of six or more can live reasonably well INCLUDING THE COST OF HOUSING on $50,000 to $70,000 per year. For $100,000 to almost $300,000 per year, I can easily support ten additional people at my house.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Oooppss I realized I had screwed up my math. Sorry, I wrote the post while taking a break from another infinitely more important project.

I meant to say $100,000 to almost 300,000 per year, PER PERSON !!!! That's a million dollars per year at the low end of the scale for taking care of ten people. I think I can make a pretty decent profit on a million a year and still provide excellent service. For nearly three million a year ????? WHHHOOOO BOY WHERE THE FUCK DO I SIGN UP ???

Reactions: LTP
Dec 2015
Arizona
SINCE WHEN DO WE IMPEACH PRESIDENTS FOR FIGHTING CORRUPTION?

The hilarious part of the impeachment is that they are impeaching and removing Trump from office for demanding AN ANTI CORRUPTION STATEMENT AND ANTI CORRUPTION INVESTIGATION

LOL @ LIBERAL DEMOCRATS HAVING BAD MORALS!

HAHA the Democrats are so stupid they are actually going to do it! They are going to remove Trump for fighting corruption! WOW IDIOT ALERT!
LMAO! Seriously??
First and foremost, Trump won't be removed from office and I sincerely doubt if he will resign, so you can stop the HYSTERICS.
Second, the very idea that the most corrupt president in our country's history is "FIGHTING" corruption is absolutely absurd. Trump's only interested in ONE thing. Trump--his personal power--his personal privilege--his personal wealth.
Trump is being impeached for all sorts of reasons, but anti-corruption isn't one of those reasons.
AND if you think the Dems have bad morals because they are questioning the president's ethics/morals/constitutional power then you are already too far gone.
It is against the law for a sitting president to ASK foreign countries for personal, political favors. President Trump is accused of pressuring Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky to dig up damaging information on one of his main Democrat challengers, Joe Biden, and his son Hunter.
The president is accused of dangling two things as bargaining chips to Ukraine - withholding $400m of military aid to Ukraine that had already been allocated by Congress, and a White House meeting for Ukraine's president.

This would all amount to an abuse of presidential power, using the office for personal political gain and to the detriment of national security. Ukraine is using that money in its ongoing conflict with Russia.