Warren Embraces Inslee's Climate Change Plan

Dec 2015
Arizona
and she has plans to expand it as well.

this is great news

If Biden doesn't approach the issue, this may be what pushes her past him

Elizabeth Warren announces plan to embrace and expand on Jay Inslee's climate program - CNNPolitics
This is astonishing for several reasons, but for me, it's the idea that Warren is honest enough to call this Jay Inslee's plan and give credit where credit is due. WHEN does that ever happen in the life of a politician? Do you suppose Inslee could be a possible VP pick?
Whatever the reason, I admire ANYONE who admits that SOMEONE else thought of it, pushed it and it's a good plan--good enough for the rest of us to study it.
I'm more impressed with Warren every single day. Here is Inslee's plan:
Jay Inslee, Running as a Climate Candidate, Wants Coal Gone in 10 Years

Caution Trump Supporters: Eliminating COAL is part of the plan. Read at your own risk.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
I like Warren in so many ways. She has announced clear, achievable policies in a way they can be understood. She also is the only one who declares how they will be paid for, again in an achievable way. And as much as the GOP squirms otherwise, she doesn't give out the slight wingnut vibe that Sanders does.

Problem? A bit long in the tooth.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I like Warren in so many ways. She has announced clear, achievable policies in a way they can be understood. She also is the only one who declares how they will be paid for, again in an achievable way. And as much as the GOP squirms otherwise, she doesn't give out the slight wingnut vibe that Sanders does.

She is a ball of energy, people who live in her neighborhood see her fly by on her power walks, they also see her and her husband grabbing a beer at the local dive.
She is definitely the smartest candidate, and she is honest and straight forward to the point where it feels weird after getting used to Trump lying 24/7.

Dec 2015
Arizona

You think Warren comes off as "old"? I don't see her acting "old".
She certainly seems to have energy to burn and seems fit--healthy. There are three candidates rising to the top and they are all about the same age. Biden: 76. Bernie: 77 and Warren: 70
Is 70 the new 55? LOL
I sure hope so--from a personal standpoint.

Dec 2016
Canada
Well, I haven't researched Liz Warren or know much in detail about her....except that she didn't become a Democrat until age 57, and she has latched on to universal medicare so tightly in this campaign, you would almost think that she invented it!

Which reminds me, where was Liz in 2016 when Bernie was winning primaries in spite of DNC corruption and malfeasance? Didn't she believe in public healthcare back then, or did she believe in getting a cabinet post in the Hillary Government more?

So, how far can Warren be trusted on any climate change fixes either? Since she sure didn't seem to want to focus on the issue when Jay Inslee was still a candidate....maybe out of fear that it might accidentally bump him out of obscurity and become a challenger.

For that matter, what I have learned over the past 10 years on climate issues makes me highly skeptical of ANY politician being sufficiently radical enough to make a difference that will count! Any candidates that are really serious about prioritizing climate change above all else, will end up in the same basket as candidates who take on the Military Industrial Complex -- out the door or dead...if they present too big of a challenge!

Dec 2016
Canada
You think Warren comes off as "old"? I don't see her acting "old".
She certainly seems to have energy to burn and seems fit--healthy. There are three candidates rising to the top and they are all about the same age. Biden: 76. Bernie: 77 and Warren: 70
Is 70 the new 55? LOL
I sure hope so--from a personal standpoint.
Chronological age is meaningless as we are finding out that health and lifestyle factors largely determine aging....especially mental aging! Before my mother died at 101 earlier this year...and never suffered from dementia I might add, myself and my brothers were shocked to discover that we had a cousin who was living in the same nursing home she had to move to in her 90's after a bad fall. Our cousin was a career alcoholic and ended up dying before he reached age 70, and during his stay at the home, didn't know who we were or likely didn't even know where he was! So, mental abilities don't have to decline with age....though in Joe Biden's case, either his general dumbness or senility is making him fade away fast as a presidential candidate!

As for the candidates, my favorite was certainly a longshot! Mike Gravel, the former Alaska Senator...who became most noteworthy as the man who read the entire Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record on a quiet holiday weekend many years ago, and made it impossible for the Government to stop the public from knowing what their government was doing in their name in Vietnam and ushered in the Senate hearings a few years later which at least temporarily pushed back the powers of secret government by making it more difficult for agencies like the CIA to keep information classified without legitimate reasons.. Gravel created somewhat of a cult following this year when he allowed two young men to run an online campaign for him as a presidential candidate. The goal he agreed with was not so much a serious campaign as to just try to get into one or two debates to present some of the ideas about government he has and has kept working on during his retirement.
Gravel 2020 is closed and not accepting donations, but look at what he's got on his issues page...which has no doubt piled up over the years, cause I can remember him talking about some of these issues 30 years ago when he was running a serious campaign! If it was actually possible for Mike Gravel to win the election, he would have been 90 years old by the time he stepped into the White House. Nevertheless, if it was achievable, he would have been the most ethical and competent US president in over 100 years!

Anyway, this year, with a little help from two politically active teenagers who were just starting their freshmen year in university - David Oakes and Henry Williams, the #Gravelanche raised enough individual donors to cross the first hurdle to qualify for the debates...achieving and breaking through the minimum limit for individual donors. BUT the DNC in their typical bullshit manipulative ways decided that two of the three polls a candidate would have to post at least a one percent rating were polls that didn't even list Mike Gravel as a candidate! If that wasn't bad enough, Mr. Coffee - Howard Schultz was allowed into the first debate even though he didn't reach the minimum threshold for individual donors....not that he needed the money, but supposedly rules are rules!

As for mental competence, the last interview Mike Gravel did before he suspended his campaign after losing his appeal to get into the first debate, was will Rob Kall, the editor of Op-Ed News. Judging from this one hour interview, Mike Gravel is sharper and more alert and knowledgeable than the candidates Americans will be left to choose from!

Jul 2019
Georgia
Well, I haven't researched Liz Warren or know much in detail about her....except that she didn't become a Democrat until age 57, and she has latched on to universal medicare so tightly in this campaign, you would almost think that she invented it!

Which reminds me, where was Liz in 2016 when Bernie was winning primaries in spite of DNC corruption and malfeasance? Didn't she believe in public healthcare back then, or did she believe in getting a cabinet post in the Hillary Government more?

So, how far can Warren be trusted on any climate change fixes either? Since she sure didn't seem to want to focus on the issue when Jay Inslee was still a candidate....maybe out of fear that it might accidentally bump him out of obscurity and become a challenger.

For that matter, what I have learned over the past 10 years on climate issues makes me highly skeptical of ANY politician being sufficiently radical enough to make a difference that will count! Any candidates that are really serious about prioritizing climate change above all else, will end up in the same basket as candidates who take on the Military Industrial Complex -- out the door or dead...if they present too big of a challenge!
Liz is Bernie Sanders, with similar, but better ideas, and concrete plans on how to implement her ideas.

Dec 2016
Canada
Liz is Bernie Sanders, with similar, but better ideas, and concrete plans on how to implement her ideas.
I'm not even sure how far Bernie can be trusted to deliver on his issues, BUT Liz is a calculating grifter who is just testing the winds to see how populist she has to talk to win over the left who are looking at Sanders and other candidates. She has only agreed not to take corporate pac money during the primaries. If she wins, she liines up at the gravy train and loads up on corporate cash......cause it costs too much money to run a people's campaign in the general election. Or maybe it's about lining up billionaire friends for donations and benefits after retirement....like all the other corrupt pols are doing these days!

What I am sure of is that, if she was committed to universal healthcare four years ago, she would have committed to supporting Bernie instead of being a hack for Hill and the DNC. She was expecting her to win and be in line for a top job in the White House.....universal healthcare be damned!

Tulsi Gabbard was the only one of the new leading lights in the Democratic Party to back Sanders, and she had to quit her DNC gig and face a primary attempt by Tom Perez. There must have been some falling out with Sanders in recent years....maybe over his reluctance to say a damn thing about military spending and foreign wars! So, she launched her own campaign and got marginalized by both the press and the Democratic Party...which has become the War Party over the past 2 or 3 decades! And now she's cheated out of the debates by the bullshit process the DNC has of choosing polls that won't list all of the registered candidates. That's how they got rid of Mike Gravel and Jay Inslee, who should have been there to at least make the case on issues that Democrats say they are interested in, but mainstream candidates won't talk about!

If it's possible to go around both the MSM and the Democrat Party, a third party could rise up through the corrupt clutter and push these jokers out of contention!

Last edited:
Jul 2019
Georgia
Untrue. Look at Warren's senate record compared to Sanders's. She's accomplished at least twice as much as him, and has been there half the time.

Gabbard seemed to have a'ight views on climate change, but overall just unimpressive as possible.

Climate Change

Enslee's blew everyone's out of the water, and I'm glad Warren is taking it on.