Was reminded of this blithering nonsense from Warren

Dec 2018
New England
The other day I had reason to come across this (in)famous quote from Sen. Warren and was reminded what an absolute shyster she is.

“There is nobody in this country who got rich on their own. Nobody. You built a factory out there - good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory... Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God bless! Keep a hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”

Does anyone really not see the glaring flaw in her principal assertion?

Feb 2019
nunya
She is saying that businessmen and women who build their wealth through manufacturing or other business ventures are capable of doing so because of the U.S. government. Which is a reasonable assertion to say that they should have to pay some chunk forward to the government for the rest of us. Which I believe is a logical assertion Nat. What about you?

Dec 2018
New England
She is saying that businessmen and women who build their wealth through manufacturing or other business ventures are capable of doing so because of the U.S. government. Which is a reasonable assertion to say that they should have to pay some chunk forward to the government for the rest of us. Which I believe is a logical assertion Nat. What about you?
That's not quite what she's saying. Examine her words more closely. More specifically, her fourth sentence.

Dec 2015
Arizona
The other day I had reason to come across this (in)famous quote from Sen. Warren and was reminded what an absolute shyster she is.

“There is nobody in this country who got rich on their own. Nobody. You built a factory out there - good for you. But I want to be clear. You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for. You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate. You were safe in your factory because of police forces and fire forces that the rest of us paid for. You didn't have to worry that marauding bands would come and seize everything at your factory... Now look. You built a factory and it turned into something terrific or a great idea - God bless! Keep a hunk of it. But part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”

NOPE. I completely agree with Warren. Totally and completely agree. AND I'll just add this. Obama said the same thing.
In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

Warren barely scratched the surface. I could add any number of people who made an individual's success possible: The family and friends who supported the success via all sorts of ways. The teachers who instructed the individual. The accountants who did the books and the taxes. The community who welcomed the new business. The architects, construction crews, plumbers, electricians. The media who advertised the business. Law enforcement and security systems protect the business. The truckers, delivery personnel, the cleaning crew. The banks who lend the money.

You want me to go on? Unless you can prove to me that a single individual can/could/did do ALL THOSE jobs---all by him/herself, I stand with Obama and Warren.

Dec 2018
New England
NOPE. I completely agree with Warren. Totally and completely agree. AND I'll just add this. Obama said the same thing.
In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

Warren barely scratched the surface. I could add any number of people who made an individual's success possible: The family and friends who supported the success via all sorts of ways. The teachers who instructed the individual. The accountants who did the books and the taxes. The community who welcomed the new business. The architects, construction crews, plumbers, electricians. The media who advertised the business. Law enforcement and security systems protect the business. The truckers, delivery personnel, the cleaning crew. The banks who lend the money.

You want me to go on? Unless you can prove to me that a single individual can/could/did do ALL THOSE jobs---all by him/herself, I stand with Obama and Warren.
Sorry, Clara'. Warren's got you duped.

The great lie in her statement, as I mentioned above, is that fourth sentence when she says "You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for." That last clause implies that somehow, some way, "the rest of us" paid our share to fund that infrastructure and the entrepreneur did not. That is blithering nonsense. The owner, being wealthy, is part of tax bracket that is bearing the far larger share taxation than is the average citizen. The business itself is paying taxes. The sales transactions from the business are generating tax revenue. The employees whose jobs were created by the business are paying taxes. A successful business is a tax revenue machine, not that Warren wants you to know that. She's too busy casting them as villains for the emotional satisfaction of those who can't be bothered to think these things through.

Its' BS.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

Feel free to point of the percieved flaws.