Was reminded of this blithering nonsense from Warren

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Hmm, someone running for the highest office in the land says something, I try to interpret what the words mean and whether they're truthful, and this surprises you?
But you interpret them in a way that is obviously not what she meant.
You insist she meant something that virtually no one else in the world got out of what she actually said.

Reactions: Hollywood
Dec 2012
California
NOPE. I completely agree with Warren. Totally and completely agree. AND I'll just add this. Obama said the same thing.
In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

Warren barely scratched the surface. I could add any number of people who made an individual's success possible: The family and friends who supported the success via all sorts of ways. The teachers who instructed the individual. The accountants who did the books and the taxes. The community who welcomed the new business. The architects, construction crews, plumbers, electricians. The media who advertised the business. Law enforcement and security systems protect the business. The truckers, delivery personnel, the cleaning crew. The banks who lend the money.

You want me to go on? Unless you can prove to me that a single individual can/could/did do ALL THOSE jobs---all by him/herself, I stand with Obama and Warren.
Well of course you do...LOL. What upstanding Liberal wouldn't want the fruits of another's labor. And just to be clear, Obimbo was an idiot!!

Dec 2012
California
What she means is "all of us" paid for that.
"All of us" made that possible.
She didn't exclude anyone.
Was it all of us who put themselves on the line to invent, or put all they had into starting a business? How parasitic of you to suggest that. What the Liberal twit meant was, let's all enjoy the labors of others. She should have EXCLUDED those who took no part in it.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Was it all of us who put themselves on the line to invent, or put all they had into starting a business? How parasitic of you to suggest that. What the Liberal twit meant was, let's all enjoy the labors of others. She should have EXCLUDED those who took no part in it.
See, Elizabeth Warren is a Harvard professor, one of the worlds great communicators, so when people don't understand what she meant, it kinda means that they are dumb shits...which that delusional word salad you posted confirms.

Dec 2012
California
See, Elizabeth Warren is a Harvard professor, one of the worlds great communicators, so when people don't understand what she meant, it kinda means that they are dumb shits...which that delusional word salad you posted confirms.
Apparently, your not understanding her communication. Read it, sentence by sentence. Take your time, and it will come to you.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Apparently, your not understanding her communication. Read it, sentence by sentence. Take your time, and it will come to you.
I understood what she said the first time heard it, and it made perfect sense then, and it continues to make perfect sense.
What do you think she meant?

Reactions: se7en
May 2019
California
Sorry, Clara'. Warren's got you duped.

The great lie in her statement, as I mentioned above, is that fourth sentence when she says "You moved your goods to market on roads the rest of us paid for." That last clause implies that somehow, some way, "the rest of us" paid our share to fund that infrastructure and the entrepreneur did not. That is blithering nonsense. The owner, being wealthy, is part of tax bracket that is bearing the far larger share taxation than is the average citizen. The business itself is paying taxes. The sales transactions from the business are generating tax revenue. The employees whose jobs were created by the business are paying taxes. A successful business is a tax revenue machine, not that Warren wants you to know that. She's too busy casting them as villains for the emotional satisfaction of those who can't be bothered to think these things through.

Its' BS.
Wrong. Taken collectively, that entrepeneur in only a tiny sliver of the total population that paid into all that.

And you're assuming that individual is wealthy. She's not casting them as villains. You're lying.

The only only offering blithering nonsense here is you.

Where'd you study economics? A welding academy?

Reactions: Hollywood