Was the Ark possible? Or is it a fairy tale?

Feb 2018
Oregon
Did the flood cover the world?
Could it have saved every specie?
Could all those creatures be repopulated from just two of each?
What about humans?
How many people were aboard to clean and feed all those animals every day, at least twice a day?
Is any bible believer here willing to say it is a myth?

Reactions: Manny Simms
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Building any vessel capable of storing millions of animals for extended time frames would not be possible even today. A supertanker would be too small even if partitioned and a separate unit would be required to store the needed food. Then we have the problem of getting a penguin or Kangaroo to walk to the ME for transport and the realities of plant life on Earth. Also the lack of sufficient water on Earth to inundate all land masses must be taken into account as well as the absolute lack of geological evidence.
Expecting two animals to repopulate an entire species would instantly create a genetic bottleneck and inbreeding nightmare in every creature on Earth. You and I would be malformed creatures if we even maintained fertility.

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
i like bill cosby's routine for Noah getting the word from God about building the ark...and his first question was, "Lord, what is a cubit?"

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
My hand is up, Kode. I'm a Christian. I love Bible stories--the poetry and prose--the lessons--the prayers--all of it.
The ark? It's a myth....just like many most(?) biblical stories--an instructive myth or parable about God's punishment for man's sins. It's a bedtime story. I know there are millions of people who take the Bible literally, but I don't.
Ya'll need to stop beating people over the head with "IT'S NOT TRUE". Intelligent people know it's not true, but the Bible can be comforting & inspiring. Most literature & text requires interpretation. The Bible is not a textbook--never was.
It's a guide for Christians--metaphorical stories intended to MAKE US THINK. Unfortunately, we live in a world where many people are too stupid to actually think and, like Trump, there are preachers who take advantage of the brainless.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Did the flood cover the world?
Could it have saved every specie?
Could all those creatures be repopulated from just two of each?
What about humans?
How many people were aboard to clean and feed all those animals every day, at least twice a day?
Is any bible believer here willing to say it is a myth?
The story of Noah ark was a localized flood which happens everywhere, particularly ancient humans who lived by bodies of water, and some guy took some of his farm animals on a boat, and that's how the myth started.

It's so ridiculous anybody would actually believe it true

Reactions: Lyzza and Kode
Dec 2015
Arizona
Think about the modern idiots who take it literally and think two of a specie is a sufficient genetic pool to generate a population.
If you clicked on my link (above), you would get a kick out the dinosaurs on the "ark". Unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyzza
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
If you clicked on my link (above), you would get a kick out the dinosaurs on the "ark". Unbelievable.
I was at a Stem Cell conference, and a colleague and I met this graduate student there and got to talking, and he was a fundamentalist Chrstian that actually believed the earth was 6000 years old. And he was a friggen research scientist. I could not help but show how utterly ridiculous I thought it was. Trying to be nice, but it was absurd. How could a PhD student in life sciences actually believe the earth is 6000 years old. Astonishing, believes in science, but not for that.

Even smart people can be deluded as F

Last edited: