Was the Ark possible? Or is it a fairy tale?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I don't have to match you name calling for name calling. Apparently I'm the only swinging dick on this thread that don't need to call others names over the Internet to make a point. What attributes of Jesus do I display?

You turn the other cheek to the extent possible, but when Jesus ran into a crowd like you, he went into the Temple, overturned the tables, took a scourge and beat the Hell out of the money changers.
Bullshit that I would expect from you and your ilk.

You override 99.999 percent of the Gospel with your fixation on the table turning in the Temple. A crowd like me, don't you know this Bible you claim to believe? Do you? Jesus believed the filthy money changers despoiled the Temple, as they do now in the MAGA Church of the Most Reverend Pope Donald John Trump the First, and Last, Alpha and Omega.

Don't you just drool with delight when you think of Jesus beating the hell out of the money changers? I'm not part of that crowd. The other place you Gospel deniers like to frequent? The sword incident. Oh Yeah, Jesus would be all for the Second Amendment. Yessir, yes indeed.

You folks are unrepentant Jews, the ones who accused Jesus and demanded his execution. You and those like you truly believe that the thinnest of Gospel veneer can cover your deception as to who you are and what you stand for.

It doesn't. You reveal yourself continuously.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
The evangelicals and most modern "believers" are today's Pharisees.
If the Christ they pray will return returned, this Pharisaic form of "christian" would be at the top of his shit list. They really don't see themselves.

The only time Christ is recorded to have expressed anger was over the pitiful, self-serving, self-righteous, niggardly, for-show Jewish establishment, the holier than thous, the smarter than thous, the more enlightened than thous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kode
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
The deal for me is that I have one of the most extensive private libraries in the state. A lot of my stuff is out of print so I don't eliminate books just because the Net exists. And I read both sides. You seem to like bias confirmation, but look at it like this:

I just went back to Bible college a couple of years ago, earning a degree after I was over 60. It was my second time after wasting years in the legal field. And I never lost a case in court - even when I was the defendant and my life on the line (25 possible years is life to me anyway.) I never lost for one reason: I know the other guy's case better than he does and can argue his points better than he can. The liberals here can't do that.
I would imagine your vast experience and court history has given you great insight into human interaction and personality. I suggest you use that to review your discussions here to evaluate why so many find your persona disagreeable in order to have a better experience.

Reactions: RNG and Clara007
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
The deal for me is that I have one of the most extensive private libraries in the state. A lot of my stuff is out of print so I don't eliminate books just because the Net exists. And I read both sides. You seem to like bias confirmation, but look at it like this:

I just went back to Bible college a couple of years ago, earning a degree after I was over 60. It was my second time after wasting years in the legal field. And I never lost a case in court - even when I was the defendant and my life on the line (25 possible years is life to me anyway.) I never lost for one reason: I know the other guy's case better than he does and can argue his points better than he can. The liberals here can't do that.
And I bet you have a girlfriend who lives in Canada.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Yes well we all see that you are full of yourself. And by the way, speaking of IQ, the many "believers" like yourself completely miss the message waiting for your discovery in the bible when you insist on taking Genesis and all the rest of it literally, like some magical but literal report of actual historical events, instead of grasping the spiritual symbolism and metaphorical nature of it all. You end up with ignorance instead of spiritual consciousness. But with that brain you just can't be shown anything.
The irony is that there IS magic in the Bible---the prose--the poetry--the messages--the lessons and yes, the spiritual consciousness. I mean, even if you don't believe in "GOD", who doesn't love the comfort found the 23rd Psalm? The possibility of miracles? The calm in meditation? A little bit of comfort and reassurance when life gets tough?

Who can't connect with Ecclesiastes 3: 1?
For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

This is great stuff and pretty doggone magical if you ask me.

Feb 2018
Oregon
The irony is that there IS magic in the Bible---the prose--the poetry--the messages--the lessons and yes, the spiritual consciousness. I mean, even if you don't believe in "GOD", who doesn't love the comfort found the 23rd Psalm? The possibility of miracles? The calm in meditation? A little bit of comfort and reassurance when life gets tough?

Who can't connect with Ecclesiastes 3: 1?
For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

This is great stuff and pretty doggone magical if you ask me.
Since you bring up Ecclesiastes, yeah, I always hear a deep echo of spiritual truth in Eccl. 3:14-15. It's also an example of what I mean by most believers missing the hidden message. In this case it's barely hidden yet most miss it anyway when all they need to do is to read it very carefully and not add or subtract anything.

Reactions: Clara007