Was the Ark possible? Or is it a fairy tale?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
You need to read your post. You did not ask one question. There were many.

OK, so you accept without reservation that a 600 year old man built a wooden ship the size of an aircraft carrier using stone tools.
Critical think much?

Reactions: cwII
Feb 2014
Oregon
We need to understand the difference between a literal interpretation of the Bible and an abstract interpretation and then that if we think literally or abstractly is a matter of how we are taught to think. If we are not prepared for higher order thinking, we don't have higher order thinking and therefore interpret things literally and run our lives on a belief not reasoning.

Our goal needs to be understanding how our brains work and the importance of education in being able to use our brains well.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
We need to understand the difference between a literal interpretation of the Bible and an abstract interpretation and then that if we think literally or abstractly is a matter of how we are taught to think. If we are not prepared for higher order thinking, we don't have higher order thinking and therefore interpret things literally and run our lives on a belief not reasoning.

Our goal needs to be understanding how our brains work and the importance of education in being able to use our brains well.
Wait...I'm supposed to understand what? That I should have faith in some abstract interpretation of a book written by human beings, the power (religion) of which has caused more death in the world than any other book ever written? That's what you call "thinking"? Sorry, I'll stick to science. You'd be better off understanding how your own brain works...

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Yes well we all see that you are full of yourself. And by the way, speaking of IQ, the many "believers" like yourself completely miss the message waiting for your discovery in the bible when you insist on taking Genesis and all the rest of it literally, like some magical but literal report of actual historical events, instead of grasping the spiritual symbolism and metaphorical nature of it all. You end up with ignorance instead of spiritual consciousness. But with that brain you just can't be shown anything.
That is as if you stood in front of a mirror. Project much there Kode?

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Wait...I'm supposed to understand what? That I should have faith in some abstract interpretation of a book written by human beings, the power (religion) of which has caused more death in the world than any other book ever written? That's what you call "thinking"? Sorry, I'll stick to science. You'd be better off understanding how your own brain works...
So, you think the Bible caused more misery than the Koran?

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
And yet you do, though maybe not daily.
No I don't. You know that. It's what really pisses you off. But, you'd join your mortal enemies to say it. You just get bested by so many people you think I'm an easy target since I'm not really welcome here.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
Bullshit that I would expect from you and your ilk.

You override 99.999 percent of the Gospel with your fixation on the table turning in the Temple. A crowd like me, don't you know this Bible you claim to believe? Do you? Jesus believed the filthy money changers despoiled the Temple, as they do now in the MAGA Church of the Most Reverend Pope Donald John Trump the First, and Last, Alpha and Omega.

Don't you just drool with delight when you think of Jesus beating the hell out of the money changers? I'm not part of that crowd. The other place you Gospel deniers like to frequent? The sword incident. Oh Yeah, Jesus would be all for the Second Amendment. Yessir, yes indeed.

You folks are unrepentant Jews, the ones who accused Jesus and demanded his execution. You and those like you truly believe that the thinnest of Gospel veneer can cover your deception as to who you are and what you stand for.

It doesn't. You reveal yourself continuously.
You are a funny man. I don't have an "ilk." I'm not connected to mainstream religion, don't care for Edomites running the country, and have nothing for the so - called right wing. You keep getting me confused with somebody else. BOTH sides of the political spectrum are equally wrong at this juncture. Me and my ilk LMAO. Thanks for the daily funny.

LTP

Mar 2018
Undisclosed Bunker
I would imagine your vast experience and court history has given you great insight into human interaction and personality. I suggest you use that to review your discussions here to evaluate why so many find your persona disagreeable in order to have a better experience.
If I disappear from earth today, you will still be arguing with someone. You talk about my persona. Have you ever checked out your own? Dude, for real, I came here trying to find common ground on the topic. I was the first to get attacked. Now, topics don't matter. Those of you doing the most bitching are the first to hurl insults at your fellow posters. Maybe you should look at your own posts.